Do you drink tea with or without milk and sugar?

With
24%
Without
76%

Total votes: 59

Mar 13th, '07, 15:26

by Mary R » Mar 13th, '07, 15:26

Thank you for trying, but this is not proof

This does not give any evidence as to why Keemun tea offers any more health advantages than any other varietal of black tea. You have not concretely connected the different growing conditions of the teas to any biologic process in humans. You didn’t even offer a decent source for the information you did provide. For the love of Mickey, cite topically and appropriately from established journals and other well-reputed sources, then offer exact direction to the specific literature you are referencing.

Oh, and since you are trying to pander your products to an English-speaking audience, it may behoove your professional aims to utilize correct English syntax and spellings.

Mar 13th, '07, 21:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Mar 13th, '07, 21:22

I agree with Mary. Unless you can prove how pH, altitude, etc. actually produce these effects (rather than just stating that they do), and show this by citing a source a little more credible than "Authority," your argument is essentially unfounded.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I know for a fact that you are incorrect, I'm just saying that you will need to provide hard evidence before I can agree with you, because it is quite a bold statement to say that only Keemun tea has these effects.

Mar 15th, '07, 14:45

by LapsangS » Mar 15th, '07, 14:45

I can't comment on the scientific facts because I am no expert, but I have never liked the taste of Darjeelings as they are way too floral to my taste. But Keemun has very "balanced" taste that is not too strong or too flat and still has a bit of some smoky&floral bouquet in it. My all-time favourite is Lapsang Souchong with Keemun on the second place. The Indian teas are way behind.

Mar 15th, '07, 21:19

by Space Samurai » Mar 15th, '07, 21:19

LapsangS wrote: The Indian teas are way behind.
I agree. There are some good Indian teas that I enjoy, and are good for a change of pace, but I consitently find Chinese teas to be superior. In my own opinion, of course.

Mar 19th, '07, 05:33

I love Keemun Tea!

by petercai0163 » Mar 19th, '07, 05:33

Hi,LapsangS & Spacesamurai!

I agree with both of you!

Seeing is believing!

b.rgds,
peter

LapsangS wrote:I can't comment on the scientific facts because I am no expert, but I have never liked the taste of Darjeelings as they are way too floral to my taste. But Keemun has very "balanced" taste that is not too strong or too flat and still has a bit of some smoky&floral bouquet in it. My all-time favourite is Lapsang Souchong with Keemun on the second place. The Indian teas are way behind.
Your Trustworthy Friend----------Peter Cai

Mar 19th, '07, 17:46

by Space Samurai » Mar 19th, '07, 17:46

Well crap.

How did I end up on his side.

It's what I get for not paying attention to the whole thread.

Mar 19th, '07, 20:57

by Mary R » Mar 19th, '07, 20:57

What? You don't want to be part of the Keemun Tea Cult? Seeing is believing, after all! :lol:

Apr 7th, '07, 06:49

back on topic...

by blakcap » Apr 7th, '07, 06:49

i'm pushing 27 years old and have been a daily coffee drinker since around age 8. when i was about 19 i learned of this wonderful thing called the French Press. bad news. i was quickly an addict... and have been ever since.

however,

i have always loved the taste of tea and been able to enjoy it with older relatives at family gatherings as a social drink, seeing as i don't drink booze.. and well, they don't really seem to digg on the french press all so much...

(i also have an aunt whom tried to get me into loose leaf teas when i was younger. naturally i rejected, but i still remember her teaching me about the 'grading' of teas..)

long story short, my name is Jared, i'm new here.
i am one week into no coffee.
i feel great.
i've ordered some wonderful teas from adagio.
also some gifts for some friends (cheap birthday presents!!)

to deal with the caffiene addiction part of making this switch...
well, um.... i just drink more... that can't be bad, can it?? ha :p

my computer geek friends are going to pick on me...
i mean, i still enjoy coffee.. don't get me wrong, i just would rather not be dependent on it everyday. and

tea has quickly become a quite pleasent unexpected hobby and passtime for me..

oh yeah, i kinda cheated changing over... i started with PGTips in the the pyramid bags for a few days.. about ten cups each day..

good luck people if you really want to do this, you can and you'll probably be glad you did.

and come on people put milk in your black tea.. i don't care what you do with the other stuff... i can see if you 'can't afford' or are too cheap to buy milk... haha.. just picking.

cheers.

up early on sat. morning to have a cuppa shizzle,
Jared
//i write scripts in hex on my optiplex//

Nov 19th, '07, 23:23

by Fl1ck » Nov 19th, '07, 23:23

I find black tea sometimes too bitter, even Yunnan black teas, which shouldn't be bitter based on what i have read. Maybe I'm just used to the sweet taste of coffee, damn coffee is delicious. I roast my own coffee light and sweet, with no sugar, yet black tea is more bitter. I've tried brweing the black tea for 5 min, aghh far to bitter, and found its bitter unless its like 3 min, but then its weak. Can anyone help me and tell me how to get it less bitter, because right now coffee is a 10, while tea is good and is like 8.5-9. Also can anyone recommend a fruity or winey tea without and any actual fruit in it. My favorite coffees are Kenyan/ yirgs and panamas, any suggestions?

Nov 19th, '07, 23:44

by bambooforest » Nov 19th, '07, 23:44

I think it is a preposterous sentiment that Indian teas are "way behind". Your palate may prefer Chinese black tea. But, unquestionably, Darjeeling tea is some of the best and most exquisite black tea on the planet. And it didn't earn that reputation by chance.
LapsangS wrote:I can't comment on the scientific facts because I am no expert, but I have never liked the taste of Darjeelings as they are way too floral to my taste. But Keemun has very "balanced" taste that is not too strong or too flat and still has a bit of some smoky&floral bouquet in it. My all-time favourite is Lapsang Souchong with Keemun on the second place. The Indian teas are way behind.

Nov 20th, '07, 02:50
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Nov 20th, '07, 02:50

Fl1ck wrote:I find black tea sometimes too bitter, even Yunnan black teas, which shouldn't be bitter based on what i have read. Maybe I'm just used to the sweet taste of coffee, damn coffee is delicious. I roast my own coffee light and sweet, with no sugar, yet black tea is more bitter. I've tried brweing the black tea for 5 min, aghh far to bitter, and found its bitter unless its like 3 min, but then its weak. Can anyone help me and tell me how to get it less bitter, because right now coffee is a 10, while tea is good and is like 8.5-9. Also can anyone recommend a fruity or winey tea without and any actual fruit in it. My favorite coffees are Kenyan/ yirgs and panamas, any suggestions?
I don't drink coffee and couldn't tell you equivalents, since all coffees taste bitter to me. However, that being said, I suspect that you'll probably prefer something in the neighborhood of Golden Monkey or maybe something "lighter" like Darjeeling. I like flavored black teas, so I need a smooth tea as well. Ceylon is a nice generic tea that I don't think of as complex. I'm not a keemun fan -- I've tried various keemun teas and they all seem to have a bitter aftertaste I can't get rid of.

How I brew black tea:
First, the water has to be boiling. Nothing else will do. Second, I don't brew longer than 4 minutes because anything longer may give it an edge. I use a tsp per cup usually -- sometimes a bit less. My tea pot makes 2 1/2 cups of tea and I use 2 tsp. YMMV. If the tea isn't strong enough with 4 minutes, I would add more tea, not increase the time.

Good luck!

+ Post Reply