Oct 30th, '17, 00:41

Missing taste of England, The Orangery Signature Tea circa 2010.

by Callendross » Oct 30th, '17, 00:41

In 2010 I was an American exchange student studying in England. During a break, I took the opportunity to have afternoon tea at The Orangery. Of course, I took the waiter's advice and had the Orangery's Signature Tea. That tea opened my eyes to the world of real tea (Sorry Gandma). Since then I have made due with what loose leaf teas I could find locally, but never have I found an orange (flavored) tea even close to that. Finally, I admit defeat and turn to the internet for help.
So the question is, does anyone know of a similar (black) tea with that orange flavor? Accented flavor, not that god awful syrup or fruit flavored "teas" that you cannot even taste the tea (You know the ones average American's love so much).
It seems that most orange flavored teas are combined with cinnamon. While it is possible the Orangery Signature Tea was as well, it would have been very subtle as I am particularly sensitive to cinnamon. So if you have any ideas or suggestions, please help a novice to find his missing taste of England.

Oct 30th, '17, 10:48

Re: Missing taste of England, The Orangery Signature Tea circa 2010.

by Callendross » Oct 30th, '17, 10:48

I should have noted that they have changed the company that operates The Orangery now. Apparently, when they changed the menu was changed as well.

+ Post Reply