Assam Black Tea in a Can?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Mar 1st, '06, 17:08

by garden gal » Mar 1st, '06, 17:08

Just FYI- you might want not want to put you email address out like that. Maybe spell it out or something as spammers, I guess can attack pretty easy.

Mar 1st, '06, 17:16

by yresim » Mar 1st, '06, 17:16

Why does it seem like every single poster to this thread doesn't actually bother to read the previous posts?

If you really want the stuff that badly, read the previous posts. Really. The quest was completely resolved on page two of this thread. Unless you have a new distributor or product to add, there is really no reason to post.

Mytaotea has now been posted several times. Including by the company that manufactures the stuff (yes, the manufacturer posted on pg 2 - bet you didn't know that, since you didn't read the thread).

Guest: the regular assam milk tea is available on mytaotea.com and sunnymaid.com. As for the strawberry milk tea, you might want to try contacting these distributors to see if they can special order it for you:
mytaotea.com
sunnymaid.com
Linh at linhngoSPAM@gmail.com
Carmen Mesa at mesa_carmenSPAM@yahoo.com or 702-413-5156

You might also try contacting the manufacturer to see if they can direct you to a local distributor:
Angela Chou
Sales Manager
T. Grand International Co., Ltd
886-2-2971-2889
angelaSPAM@tgrand.com.tw
www.tgrand.com.tw

Good luck!

~Yresim~

P.S. For e-mail addresses, remove the "SPAM". This is to protect the recipients from unwanted mail.
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."
- Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Reptile Boy, Season 2)

Favorite teas: earl grey, assam, white

Mar 21st, '06, 15:13

Assam Black Tea in a Can from Guam

by clyam » Mar 21st, '06, 15:13

Anybody know where to buy the Assam Black Tea in the Sacramento or San Francisco Area. The shipping cost from mytaotea.com is too much $15.00/ case.

Jul 18th, '06, 11:52

Assam Black Tea in the States

by sfeastbayclubkid » Jul 18th, '06, 11:52

it can get kinda expensive, but enjoy!!!!

http://www.coconutvilla.com/tea.htm

Jul 31st, '06, 17:04

by DavidH » Jul 31st, '06, 17:04

I just brew my own Assam tea and bottle it myself in empty water bottles. It's a lot cheaper.

David

Dec 9th, '06, 19:42

to Dale

by tomvyn » Dec 9th, '06, 19:42

Hi Dale - give it a try

it usually works much better with green teas, but it's quite good with black teas as well.
Just put some pure loose leaf tea - higher quality, better drink you'll have - in the plastic bottle, pour COLD water and leave it overnight in the fridge (of for few hours should be enough). In the morning - miracle - you have ready to drink ice tea! And obviously you can make different tea next day (with cans you have to buy just what they got ;o). You can leave it outside of fridge as well, but chilly it tastes better.
Have to say, that I prefer this kind of ice tea made from green tea more than black tea, but try the one you like..
Once you find out the amount of leaves and the corresponding amount of water, you'll be amazed.
And as I've said before - try it with green teas as well. Tamaryokucha from the fridge - you can take it with you to work, and it'll keep you going whole day..

Good luck!

Dec 14th, '06, 08:35

Re: to Dale

by sjschen » Dec 14th, '06, 08:35

tomvyn wrote:Hi Dale - give it a try

it usually works much better with green teas, but it's quite good with black teas as well.
Just put some pure loose leaf tea - higher quality, better drink you'll have - in the plastic bottle, pour COLD water and leave it overnight in the fridge (of for few hours should be enough). In the morning - miracle - you have ready to drink ice tea! And obviously you can make different tea next day (with cans you have to buy just what they got ;o). You can leave it outside of fridge as well, but chilly it tastes better.
Have to say, that I prefer this kind of ice tea made from green tea more than black tea, but try the one you like..
Once you find out the amount of leaves and the corresponding amount of water, you'll be amazed.
And as I've said before - try it with green teas as well. Tamaryokucha from the fridge - you can take it with you to work, and it'll keep you going whole day..

Good luck!
Hmmm...can't say I think much of this whole cold brew thing I keep on hearing about. Sure cold brewing leaves is "easy" and it leaves behind some of the nastier tasting stuff in tea, but it also leaves behind a lot of the better tasting stuff too. Due to the decreased solubility of tea chemicals at low temperatures, you may be getting only a third to a half of what is actually in the tea. Imagine buying some nice loose leaf and throwing most of it away immediately, not very economical.

Brew the tea hot, dilute it down with very warm water and throw it in the chiller. Basically, make iced tea.

Dec 14th, '06, 08:59

by tomvyn » Dec 14th, '06, 08:59

sjschen wrote: Imagine buying some nice loose leaf and throwing most of it away immediately, not very economical.

Brew the tea hot, dilute it down with very warm water and throw it in the chiller. Basically, make iced tea.
:lol: not sure, if we share the same topic ;o)))). One of the worst things for tea is time.. So even if you make amazing tea.. once it get cold.. it's just not as good anymore, and by my opinion doesn't matter the way, how it gets cold..

I'm not saying, that it'll be something worth Nobel Award. This is just another way how to make it and acording to my experiences - tea which is brewed hot and than kept for long time cold gets really nasty.. this way just allows you to keep it longer without loosing so much of taste (my opinion, my taste, obviously..).

Depends on personal preferences. I for example never even heard (and still it's almost unthinkable for me) about reheating tea in microwave.. but again - I suppose that noone expect to have the same quality once cooled down and than reheated as just freshly brewed tea, but I do understand, that for some people it is a solution.. Hopefully not forever, just for times of emergency ;o)))

But!!! I love Yerba Mate - and eventhough you can't compare the taste of tea made with right temperature and cold tea - if you never had chilled Mate made with the receipe I described, you don't now, what pleasure is ;o))))))) (needs to be really strong, but it's worth it, definetely..)

Actually.. try to make some tea - both ways and say your opinion.. (trouble is, that you have to find the right amount of tea leaves..) .. would like to know

Keep your taste and bottoms up!!!

Dec 14th, '06, 09:35

by sjschen » Dec 14th, '06, 09:35

No criticisms intended, just personal opinion :D

I have tried cold brewing, and I was really not impressed, but like you said maybe it has something to do with finding the right amount of tea. Will try again, maybe with yerba mate, cuz it IS awesome.

Properly hot brewed black tea gets pretty nasty when cold. This is why I find that before being chilled, it has to be diluted down quite a bit to prevent cloudiness in the tea or having any films form. I find the taste and flavour does not really degrade as rapidly this way. As for heating it back up...well...I dunno, wouldn't do it...even at times of emergency, because, that's what those nasty Folger's coffee crystals are for! ;)

Apr 4th, '07, 22:15

located Assam black tea in a can

by cjohnblaze2 » Apr 4th, '07, 22:15

Hey, all I too was stationed in Guam and fell in love with the Assam black tea and King Carr lemon tea (can and bottle). I can't find it in the US but located it on a website, where it is sold by the case. The website is jncglobaltea.com. Check them out. Once ordered it is delivered within 7 business days. Assam is a well kept secret but if you're a serious tea drinker then you can't pass up an opportunity to try it and become an advocate of the Assam tea's refreshing and unique taste!!!

Apr 19th, '07, 21:11

by LoktKoktNrdY2roK » Apr 19th, '07, 21:11

Assam black tea is a splendid summer time tea. It's the kind of tea you would enjoy with friends hanging out on the patio watching the clouds go by.
I have spent some time on Guam, stationed at Andersen AFB. If you know of anyone still in the service, you could get them to order a case of Assam black tea (20 24 oz plastic bottles) through AAFES. Tax and duty free, it's the best way to go. They'll ship it right to you.
~LoktKoktNrdY2roK

Jul 20th, '07, 09:12

Assam Black tea from Guam

by amewhite » Jul 20th, '07, 09:12

I was stationed in Guam and also enjoyed this wonderful tea. I found a website that will ship it below:
http://www.coconutvilla.com/tea.htm
Good luck to all those who have been searching...the shipping is a little expensive, but worth it if you love the tea!

+ Post Reply