Yunnan Gold

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Oct 13th, '08, 17:48

Yunnan Gold

by murrius » Oct 13th, '08, 17:48

So far my experience with black teas has been fairly limited. I'd only tired bagged black teas, some of which I quite like; but more recently I got some Yunnan Gold from Adagio. I opened the container and was greated with an aroma that reminded me of pipe tobacco. That was a very good start. I love this tea and, although I don't drink it every day, there are days when I have an intense craving for it which I am only too happy to satisfy - especially after work.

Oct 13th, '08, 17:55

by Riene » Oct 13th, '08, 17:55

I really like this tea. So far I've only had the Archer Farms loose leaf version, but it's on my mental "to order from Adagio" list. I find it to be a very flavorful rich tea, strong enough to steep twice.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Oct 13th, '08, 18:15
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 13th, '08, 18:15

A long, long, long time ago, before I discovered oolongs, I loved and drank only black teas. After discovering oolongs I put blacks on the back burner, until I tried Yunnan Gold. This tea is one of my morning staples now. And really changed my mind about shelving black teas. It is so smooth and mellow and I love the peppery aroma. And from the different ones I've tried so far, Adagio's is great.

Oct 13th, '08, 19:42

by Riene » Oct 13th, '08, 19:42

I can't get a peppery taste from the Yunnan, but I do love its flavor.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

+ Post Reply