Thai Tea (review to come soon)

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Oct 29th, '08, 23:56

Thai Tea (review to come soon)

by Vulture » Oct 29th, '08, 23:56

I was looking for different Chai and Thai teas on the forums but no one knew where to find a Thai tea. On random happenstance I found some Thai tea Here at Red Blossom Tea Company. I have ordered some along with the 4oz Gaiwan I went there for originally.

Once it comes in I will try it out and give a review. We shall see how it is compared to the restaurant I have had it at! But I do know the final version they serve is mixed with milk or cream so I will have to do 2 reviews, with and without milk.
Last edited by Vulture on Oct 30th, '08, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 30th, '08, 00:14

by kymidwife » Oct 30th, '08, 00:14

I know Teavana is generally overpriced and not the best source for the freshest and most choice unflavored teas, but I do have some of their Thai blend, and I have particularly enjoyed it. It's very spicy and aromatic without being a duplication of masala chai. I have nothing else to compare it to, but I found it very enjoyable.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Nov 19th, '08, 09:45

by jayde » Nov 19th, '08, 09:45

Wow, looks delicious. Anything with anise in it is my friend. :)

Eagerly awaiting your review!

Nov 19th, '08, 11:12

by Vulture » Nov 19th, '08, 11:12

Yah.

Reading up on this, the Thai tea has a unique way of being brewed. I wanted to hold off a bit on it because I wanted to make it like I had in the restaurant. But all things concidered I will try to get this done either this afternoon or tomorow. Thanks for the reminder I totally forgot to do this :roll:

Dec 20th, '08, 03:03

Thai tea review

by sribhudtea » Dec 20th, '08, 03:03

Hi Vulture
To brew Thai tea just like the one you had in the restaurant is so easy. All you need is 6 oz of nearly boil hot water and 2 tablespoon of Authentic Thai tea leaf for a sigle glass of iced tea.

You place tea leaf in any cup, pour over hot water, wait until all the tea leaf sink, ( approximately 3-4 minutes ), use coffee filter paper filter out the leaf. And you got the base Thai tea where you can add just ice or sweetened condensed milk and sugar. Remember, the charateristic of Thai iced tea is the distinctive aroma not the orange color or the sweetness.

Are you aware of the added orange color in Thai tea leaf? The color will strain your hand, cloth etc. We made 100% all natural Thai tea with no color added. Look us up.

www.sribhud.com

+ Post Reply