Earl Grey with Lavendar?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Nov 19th, '08, 08:04

Earl Grey with Lavendar?

by jayde » Nov 19th, '08, 08:04

Has anyone else seen or tried this blend? I tried it recently and since I love Earl Grey with Bergamot I figured this may be a new favorite. Unfortunately I found it had a really smoky taste and that it's probably the Bergamot I love so much in Earl Grey, not the actual black tea leaves.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced it. :)

Nov 19th, '08, 09:07

by Carnelian » Nov 19th, '08, 09:07

Is this Dragonwater's Lavender Earl Grey? I love that blend, which may be because I just love lavender in general.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Nov 19th, '08, 09:09

by jayde » Nov 19th, '08, 09:09

This one would be from www.peets.com
I didn't really find it had a lavendar taste to it.

Dec 3rd, '08, 17:33

by yukondoit » Dec 3rd, '08, 17:33

I love lavender in earl grey. It's pretty common. I just requested some to review from Rishi. Revolution's was the first one I was introduced to...I drank a TON of it for a really long time. Serendipitea makes an awesome rose earl grey, too, if you are looking for additional flavors.
----------------------->
Jessica
author+tea >> tea news, reviews & info
http://authoritea.blogspot.com

Dec 3rd, '08, 23:29

by kymidwife » Dec 3rd, '08, 23:29

dizzier wrote:revolution makes a lavendar earl grey blend that gets pretty good reviews. I'm like you, I love the bergamot. I also love twinnings lady grey.
I actually have some of the Revolution Lavendar Earl Grey... if anyone wants to try some, PM me and I will be glad to send you a sample to try out. I am drinking so little flavored tea, I'm sure I will never use all it before it gets old.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

+ Post Reply