The Russian method of brewing

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 14th, '09, 12:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Jan 14th, '09, 12:27

Beidao wrote:Well, I know this is not the "correct" method, but after I realized how wonderful overbrewed tea could taste if I just put more water in it, I started trying with brewing just a little tea, making it intentionally overbrewed, and then putting in water till it got just the right taste. It does not give a very complex tea, but it is a good way to get control over the brewing, and even if a really skilled gong fu brewer would get better results, I would say it's as good as - and maybe even better than - the usual brewing. Perfect when I don't have time or energy to do a Gong Fu session.

Herb Master: The Kashmiri Chai you tried, was it the pink one with baking soda and salt? If so, I've done it and quite like it.
No - it was a bagged affair (or 2 or 3) from Numi and Stash.
I was not overfond of the Kashmiri Green, but found the Kashmiri Golden excellent!
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jan 14th, '09, 13:14

by Beidao » Jan 14th, '09, 13:14

Herb Master: Then I really recommend doing Kashmiri Chai by your own! It's a very different experience!
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jan 14th, '09, 13:28

by Herb_Master » Jan 14th, '09, 13:28

Beidao wrote:Herb Master: Then I really recommend doing Kashmiri Chai by your own! It's a very different experience!
Aaah! But that was before I got hooked on Oolong - there is so much to learn and love in Oolong - I am still bound up with Fenghuang, Anxi and Wuyi - no time yet to look at Taiwan - and as for all the Long Jing and Pu-Erh that I bought in Malaysia last March - it is all still untouched :cry:

Jan 14th, '09, 13:33

by Beidao » Jan 14th, '09, 13:33

Hm... then you better touch your Long Jing pretty soon... I would be stressed it'd go stale otherwise.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jan 14th, '09, 13:52

by Herb_Master » Jan 14th, '09, 13:52

Beidao wrote:Hm... then you better touch your Long Jing pretty soon... I would be stressed it'd go stale otherwise.
It has been in the "must try this next week" list for about 4 months :lol:

+ Post Reply