Subs for Seasonal Holiday Teas?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 22nd, '09, 13:55

Subs for Seasonal Holiday Teas?

by Mrs_G » Jan 22nd, '09, 13:55

Hello ... I rec'd a gift package for the Holidays from my husband and in it was a sampler for the Seasonal Holiday Teas.

I noticed these teas are no longer available for purchase so I was wondering if there are any close substitutions esp. for the Chestnut tea, the Candy Cane Tea & Cranberry Tea.

Since most of my samplers are very low and I just can not see myself going back to tea bags (I'm a very new tea aficionado). I'll be placing an order soon of the teas I really enjoyed, reason for my question above.

Thank you to all who reply.

Jan 22nd, '09, 15:46

by shardy53 » Jan 22nd, '09, 15:46

Candy cane Tea is probably Peppermint Tea. Chesnut Tea and Cranberry Tea are what they are, so there is probably no substitution. That Chesnut sounds interesting.

Steve

Jan 22nd, '09, 16:09

by silvermage2000 » Jan 22nd, '09, 16:09

I thought they were back for sale mabe I was wrong. cherry and mint for the candy cane mabe. cranberry with something christmasy and something with chestnuts I am not sure.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Jan 22nd, '09, 19:30

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jan 22nd, '09, 19:30

Though I haven't tried them, Adagio also offers Almond Black Tea and Hazelnut Black tea which might be similar to the Chestnut tea. My solution was to stock up on the Chestnut before it went out of season since I, too, really like it.

There are other vendors that sell a cranberry black tea, like Upton.

For the candy cane tea, I would suggest taking a plain black tea and adding some peppermint and maybe some crushed starlight mints if you can't find any left over candy canes.

+ Post Reply