Ceylon Sonata has a nostalgic flavor to me.

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Feb 4th, '09, 13:34

Ceylon Sonata has a nostalgic flavor to me.

by shardy53 » Feb 4th, '09, 13:34

I tried some Ceylon Sonata yesterday, and it reminds me of the taste of my grandmother's tea years ago when I used to sneak sips as a kid. It is the taste that I expected from tea when I decided to try drinking it two months ago. I really like this tea and I think that it is a great afternoon tea and that it will make a superb iced tea.

I once again am amazed at the number of different tastes in the world of teas. I am so glad that I found this site.

Steve

Feb 4th, '09, 15:07

by shogun89 » Feb 4th, '09, 15:07

Glad to hear you enjoy it. This is one of my favorite blacks as well. Very easy to enjoy. I get a nice fruity taste in it too.

Feb 5th, '09, 16:22
Scrolling: fixed

Exactly my experience.

by Intuit » Feb 5th, '09, 16:22

I also had the same nostalgic experience when I purchased a Kenilworth Estate loose leaf and also a blend based on Kenilworth, after reviving an interest in quality black tea, when business travel permitted in-person sampling and purchase on the spot.

This was after a long period of 'make-do' with cheap grocery store teas and before internet access to tea emporiums. I didn't know which teas to seek out to reproduce the remembered lovely teas of magical childhood visits with a beloved great-aunt who died long ago.

That led me to begin seeking out china tea pots and accoutrements of a proper tea table, instead of slap-dash standby's (cup and infuser).

Recreating that tea experience had a profound effect on me.

It was like coming home after being away for a long, long time.

Feb 5th, '09, 18:33
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Exactly my experience.

by Salsero » Feb 5th, '09, 18:33

Intuit wrote:I also had the same nostalgic experience ... It was like coming home after being away for a long, long time.
Sweet story!

Feb 6th, '09, 05:48

by Beidao » Feb 6th, '09, 05:48

Thanks for sharing, Intuit and Shardy! Great reading!
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Feb 6th, '09, 13:53

by silvermage2000 » Feb 6th, '09, 13:53

Ah that Is a cute story. And I am not sure If I have had a ceylon or not. And yeah I to am amazed at the all sorts of teas there are.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Feb 16th, '09, 15:38

by Dreamer » Feb 16th, '09, 15:38

I tried Adagio Ceylon Sonata from my sample pack first...it was really my first loose leaf black tea. I really like it a LOT...too bad it is apparently out of stock...arghhh!

It has a lot of flavor...smooth flavor...when I tasted it, I said, "this is what great black tea should taste like"...it is what all those Lipton tea bags wish they could be!

The posts here really tell the story...for me it tastes like I must have already known about it and I finally have it again.

Happy steeping,
Dreamer

+ Post Reply