Darjeeling Second Flush 2008 question

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

May 3rd, '09, 11:51

Darjeeling Second Flush 2008 question

by aaronlawson » May 3rd, '09, 11:51

Hi,
I'm a long-time tea lover but I'm new to Darjeelings and wanted to try out some great examples so that I get a good first impression of this tea. After some research it looks like my tastes would gravitate to second flushes, so I thought I would start there. My questions are:

1) Is it a good idea to buy 2008 2nd flushes now, given that they are almost a year old, or is this perhaps a benefit, as with many Keemuns?

2) If second flushes are still in good shape what do you recommend from the 2008 crop?

Thanks for any help.

-Aaron

May 3rd, '09, 15:30

by kymidwife » May 3rd, '09, 15:30

The best I had was from Tea Emporium... the Castleton Moonlight is sold out, and it was the best... but the 2nd best was the Risheehat Flowery. I still have some, and it is holding up very well on freshness, but I have kept it airtight of course. I think it is certainly one to try. I've had excellent results with Tea Emporium. I also must say... Adagio's Darjeeling #2 is not bad at all... but not nearly as nice as Risheehat Flowery.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

+ Post Reply