Tea while traveling

For general/other topics related to tea.

Apr 29th, '08, 06:35

Tea while traveling

by CanadaBlue » Apr 29th, '08, 06:35

I do a bit of traveling in my job, and I'm trying to come up with a simple system for enjoying some tea on the road.

How do you make your tea while traveling?
What equipment and tools do you pack?
How do you carry your tea?
Where do you get your water from?

Thanks!

Apr 29th, '08, 22:34

Re: Tea while traveling

by TimeforTea » Apr 29th, '08, 22:34

CanadaBlue wrote:I do a bit of traveling in my job, and I'm trying to come up with a simple system for enjoying some tea on the road.

How do you make your tea while traveling?
What equipment and tools do you pack?
How do you carry your tea?
Where do you get your water from?

Thanks!
This topic has been discussed before here:
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... ht=airport

The easiest thing to do, in my opinion, is make your own tea bags using tea paper filters and your lose tea. Put them in something air tight if you can, and something non-transparent (e.g., ziplock bags in a black cosmetic case).

As for the water--there was discussion about using hotel room coffee makers for brewing water--just clean out the basket very well, and replace the glass carafe with a mug. Be careful of heating water in the microwave, as obviously the water will take on the scent/taste of other foods that have been cooked/reheated in it.

Hope this helps!

Apr 30th, '08, 09:08

by Beidao » Apr 30th, '08, 09:08

I use to bring my water boiler (tho it's big) and a lot of tea. Water doesn't use to be a problem when travelling in Sweden - which I do most of the time - since the usual kitchen water tend to be so good.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Apr 30th, '08, 09:31

by witches brew » Apr 30th, '08, 09:31

Carry tea and a small strainer. Order a pot of tea from room service, and tell them to leave the tea on the side. Substitute your tea of choice, and enjoy!
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

+ Post Reply