Is my ingenuiTEA faulty

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Aug 1st, '11, 22:00

Is my ingenuiTEA faulty

by dangerous » Aug 1st, '11, 22:00

Yesterday I received my Adagio ingenuiTEA (which I actually bought through amazon). The filter is actually allowing through some small bits of tea - much bigger than the size of the holes in the filter. Could the filter be in the wrong position? I was under the impression that the metal filter was non-removable ... and my hands are too big to fit into the teapot to try anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 2nd, '11, 14:25

Re: Is my ingenuiTEA faulty

by ChristineAdagio » Aug 2nd, '11, 14:25

Hi,
If the bits of leaf getting through are bigger than the holes in the mesh, then the filter may not be sealed in properly. Only the 2010 and earlier models have a removable filter. You have 30 days to return/exchange with Amazon, which is what I would recommend.

Aug 9th, '11, 01:26

by dangerous » Aug 9th, '11, 01:26

Hi again,

I got a replacement from Amazon (US) but this one also is letting tea leaves through. I am guessing Amazon got a dodgy batch. Is there any way I can get a replacement from Adagio under the manufacturer's warranty? It seems ridiculous to go back to Amazon for a third one as I think it's fairly likely it will have the same issue and as I'm in Australia it's expensive (for them anyway) to keep sending it back and forth.

Dec 2nd, '11, 21:18

by sencha » Dec 2nd, '11, 21:18

Is it really true that the latest models have a filter that cannot be removed (even by force)? If so, why?

+ Post Reply