Tea Guides..?

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jan 4th, '12, 17:16

Tea Guides..?

by b200 » Jan 4th, '12, 17:16

I am new to the whole Tea buisness and only drink plain tea. I was looking for any guides on tea brewing, advice, comparison of teas, etc but could not seem to find it. If anyone could link me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

Jan 4th, '12, 17:36
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tea Guides..?

by Chip » Jan 4th, '12, 17:36

Look here: http://www.teachat.com/ Best tea guide(s) on the nets! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum.

Jan 4th, '12, 17:37

by debunix » Jan 4th, '12, 17:37

Here are a couple of threads that might be of interest, plus, just hang around the forum--you'll learn a lot just by being here.

How did YOU learn about tea?

Tea Book and Magazine Reviews

You might also tell us a little more about your more specific interests--Darjeeling or greens or puerh or yixing or tea ceremonies--and we can make more specific suggestions.

Jan 5th, '12, 03:12

by b200 » Jan 5th, '12, 03:12

debunix wrote:You might also tell us a little more about your more specific interests--Darjeeling or greens or puerh or yixing or tea ceremonies--and we can make more specific suggestions.
Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome! I am looking thru the books and there are lots to choose from so I will have to research which is best to start off with.

My specific interests for the moment(I enjoy tea anyway) are to clear my lungs from the tar that has built up over the years from smoking. Any recommendations/guide into which direction I should look into? :D

Jan 5th, '12, 19:44

by iannon » Jan 5th, '12, 19:44

b200 wrote:
debunix wrote:You might also tell us a little more about your more specific interests--Darjeeling or greens or puerh or yixing or tea ceremonies--and we can make more specific suggestions.
Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome! I am looking thru the books and there are lots to choose from so I will have to research which is best to start off with.

My specific interests for the moment(I enjoy tea anyway) are to clear my lungs from the tar that has built up over the years from smoking. Any recommendations/guide into which direction I should look into? :D
Exercise? no but seriously.. I am not sure you should go about picking a tea for those type of benefits of which there is and will continue to be great debate. . I am not trying to make light of the health benefits of tea (of which there are clearly some) but for me..its just a good replacement for non-healthy drinks like soda's and such. I drink tea I like. Bottom line. Just for the pure enjoyment of the tea itself.

Jan 6th, '12, 01:22

by b200 » Jan 6th, '12, 01:22

iannon wrote:Exercise? no but seriously.. I am not sure you should go about picking a tea for those type of benefits of which there is and will continue to be great debate. . I am not trying to make light of the health benefits of tea (of which there are clearly some) but for me..its just a good replacement for non-healthy drinks like soda's and such. I drink tea I like. Bottom line. Just for the pure enjoyment of the tea itself.
I am currently exercising as well. I enjoy drinking tea so clearing out my lungs isn't the ONLY reason. I agree with you that it is a good replacement to soda, etc. I am asking which teas are the best for clearing out the system.

I really need to speed up the process of clearing my lungs up because of this annoying constant phlegm even 2 months after I quit.

Any suggestions on a good tea for: clearing out lungs or opening lung capacity would be appreciated. :wink:

Jan 6th, '12, 01:39

by debunix » Jan 6th, '12, 01:39

b200 wrote:Any suggestions on a good tea for: clearing out lungs or opening lung capacity would be appreciated. :wink:
Most of us are here because we love the flavor and traditions and aesthetics of tea. Tea marketers have great incentive to 'prove' that their particular style of tea is 'best' for various health reasons, but not many of us put much stock in those purported differences. I say this not to discourage your interest in tea, but to explain the general lack of enthusiastic response to this particular question.

Jan 6th, '12, 01:44

by iannon » Jan 6th, '12, 01:44

debunix wrote:
b200 wrote:Any suggestions on a good tea for: clearing out lungs or opening lung capacity would be appreciated. :wink:
Most of us are here because we love the flavor and traditions and aesthetics of tea. Tea marketers have great incentive to 'prove' that their particular style of tea is 'best' for various health reasons, but not many of us put much stock in those purported differences. I say this not to discourage your interest in tea, but to explain the general lack of enthusiastic response to this particular question.
+1. I didnt mean to say or imply that it was your only reason or to ignore the question. just basically to say what Debunix more eloquently stated. Green tea and antioxidents..ok..I get that. and certainly some other benefits. Just meant that I am not sure there is any one type of tea that would really help clear lungs..at least not with any confidence at all realistically.

Jan 6th, '12, 07:27

by fdrx » Jan 6th, '12, 07:27

i've read several times that lung cancer rates are much lower in some parts of Asia and one of the reason is probably green tea consumption. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8453628.stm

Jul 3rd, '12, 10:44

by bigjimid » Jul 3rd, '12, 10:44

Lol, I know I'm a few months late to this, but there isn't any miracle way to clear your lungs from smoking (that I know of). Drinking natural/organic loose tea has its benefits, sure, but I wouldn't think to treat it as a miracle cure.

You said "...the tar that has built up over the years from smoking." Years of smoking build-up doesn't go away within weeks or months just because someone stopped smoking. The lungs will naturally recover over time, but it will take a couple years to get back there. That time also depends on age, how healthy, and physically active the person is. So continuing to exercise and eating/living healthy will help, but overall, it's just going to take time.

So with that, hope you're still drinking and enjoying tea now that it's six months after this post :)

+ Post Reply