Adagio's Ilya Kreymerman unresponsive to ingenuiTEA defect

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Dec 18th, '06, 17:08

Adagio's Ilya Kreymerman unresponsive to ingenuiTEA defect

by tbayly » Dec 18th, '06, 17:08

Bought the ingenueTEA sixteen ounce teapot back on August 15th as a present for my wife, along with a bunch of tea. Tea's good but ingenueTEA pot has been used ten to fifteen times and is already defective. The filter always falls off the post and floats to the top of the pot each time hot water is poured into the pot, thus mixing tea leaves throughout the pot. So when it's time to let the tea fall into the teacup, it's contaminated with tea leaves.

Tried to call Adagioteas but they have a policy of not providing a customer service phone number. Went to the chat line and spoke with Adagio's chief technology employee, Ilya Kreymerman.

Conversation was pathetic and took way too long. Ms. Kreymerman said that the product would have had to have been returned within thirty days to be covered. Then she said they would have covered it if I'd complained within ninety days, and sadly I was a 120 days. Then she said that it was unreasonable for anyone to expect them to cover a $19 product after ninety days--what other company would do so? She asked me to look at the recommendations on their web page for this product and I pointed out that the final recommendation actually was a complaint about this same defect. She didn't acknowledge this complaint. Then I pointed out to her that there is page here in this "Feedback" forum on this same defect. Again, she was unresponsive to my complaint and only offered to send me a new filter (which she admits is the problem) if I spend more money with them and place a new order.

I responded that despite everything she had written to me, I had purchased a product from her that has a known defect that others are complaining about, and that she should send me another filter without asking for money from me. Fair is fair, I said.

She refused, saying if I'd asked within ninety days she would have agreed. But 120 days is too long.

I told her we've only used the product between ten and fifteen times.

She talked on and I decided discussing matters with her was taking too much of my time. So I reponded saying I'd take my complaint to the internet and wishing her a merry Christmas.

The morale of the story is two-fold: first, don't buy an ingenueTEA pot because they're defective; and second, don't expect Adagioteas to stand behind their products, even if it's a $3 filter and a dollar in postage that's at stake.

Dec 18th, '06, 18:52

Adagioteas unresponsive to defective product...

by tbayly » Dec 18th, '06, 18:52

No anger or frustration, Lady, but simple complaint. Defective products should be replaced, free. And prospective customers should be informed when a company doesn't stand behind products it knows its customers are finding defective.

Adagioteas knows about this defect and they refuse to stand behind their product citing how small the amount of money their customer has lost and that it took him 30 days too long to report it.

They can choose to treat their customers this way, and they may well find many of their customers will not fault them for it.

Had they offered me a free part to replace their defective one so long as I would pay the shipping cost, I would have accepted. They didn't even offer that.

Dec 18th, '06, 19:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 18th, '06, 19:45

...hmmm, perhaps it would have been better to not place Ilya's full name on the forum...I mean, we all know who Ilya is....and could find his full name if we really wanted to...but you seem to have made your complaint more of a personal issue...over a $3 part instead of with Adagio itself. Plus if you place someones full name on a forum, perhaps you should reciprocate by placing your full name on the forum also...

Even if you are correct, you have not helped your cause...in the court of TeaChat public opinion...you have clouded the issue.

Just my 2 yen's worth...

Dec 18th, '06, 20:49

by jogrebe » Dec 18th, '06, 20:49

chip wrote:...hmmm, perhaps it would have been better to not place Ilya's full name on the forum...I mean, we all know who Ilya is....and could find his full name if we really wanted to...but you seem to have made your complaint more of a personal issue...over a $3 part instead of with Adagio itself. Plus if you place someones full name on a forum, perhaps you should reciprocate by placing your full name on the forum also...

Even if you are correct, you have not helped your cause...in the court of TeaChat public opinion...you have clouded the issue.

Just my 2 yen's worth...
It doesn't make any difference as Ilya Kreymerman's full name is used on TeaMuse every time that it comes up.

I also agree that 90 days is a reasonable stop off point for "defective products" especially given the fact that they sell replacement filters which seems to also say that they wear out in time or can be easily damaged if not handled carefully.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Dec 18th, '06, 22:58

by heatwaves » Dec 18th, '06, 22:58

I always thought Ilya was a man due to the avatar. Huh... learn something everyday.

Dec 18th, '06, 23:46

by Chip » Dec 18th, '06, 23:46

heatwaves wrote:I always thought Ilya was a man due to the avatar. Huh... learn something everyday.
...lol...she is a cross dresser I guess. :lol:

Just kidding Ilya...at least I think I am...unless there is something I do not know....he is a he, isn't he??? Or is he really a she???

By the way JoGrebe, I think you missed my point or I simply did not express myself clearly...but I am not going to say another word on this issue.

Dec 19th, '06, 00:00

by jogrebe » Dec 19th, '06, 00:00

heatwaves wrote:I always thought Ilya was a man due to the avatar. Huh... learn something everyday.
Ilya is a guy (or at lest is to the best of my knowledge). I think the first poster in the thread just got confused by the spelling of "his" name. At the same time if I'm wrong Ilya I welcome your correction on this matter.
John Grebe

~C. S. Lewis

Dec 19th, '06, 00:15
Adagio

to clarify this issue...

by ilya » Dec 19th, '06, 00:15

I think this issue deserves an answer and I apologize it's taken me this long to address it. So without any more delays, here's the scoop: I am in fact, a man.

As for the chat, I'd be happy to post the entire transcript for TeaChat to read if you, tbayly, don't mind.

Dec 19th, '06, 01:10

Re: to clarify this issue...

by Chip » Dec 19th, '06, 01:10

ilya wrote:I think this issue deserves an answer and I apologize it's taken me this long to address it. So without any more delays, here's the scoop: I am in fact, a man.

As for the chat, I'd be happy to post the entire transcript for TeaChat to read if you, tbayly, don't mind.
...lol...Ilya, how can we be so sure that you are indeed...in fact...without a doubt...a man...lol........

Dec 19th, '06, 02:13

Re: to clarify this issue...

by deadfingers » Dec 19th, '06, 02:13

chip wrote:
ilya wrote:I think this issue deserves an answer and I apologize it's taken me this long to address it. So without any more delays, here's the scoop: I am in fact, a man.

...lol...Ilya, how can we be so sure that you are indeed...in fact...without a doubt...a man...lol........
So with that being said are you indeed the "man" in your avatar? :o :) :P

Dec 19th, '06, 13:59

by rhpot1991 » Dec 19th, '06, 13:59

I have been satisfied with Adagio's customer service every time I have dealt with them. They have replaced a defective utiliTEA for me, and have sent me replacement filters for my ingenuiTEA which has the same problems as your. I completely agree with the 90 day policy, you can't support an item from wear and tear forever, I contacted them as soon as I noticed the problems and they have been more than willing to help.

Here are some tips for your problem, pour your water slowly into the ingenuiTEA, its a removable filter therefor is not permanently attached and will come out when force is applied. My filters are ok on the first batch, but if I go ahead and rinse it out they will float after that, so make sure you dry off the inside if its wet, it seems to help a lot. Also make sure its snug before starting, if its crooked or anything it tends to float.

I for one would like to see the transcript, and will wager $10 that you were not so nice or were trying to get something for free.
Last edited by rhpot1991 on Jan 9th, '07, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.

Dec 19th, '06, 18:05

by mokie » Dec 19th, '06, 18:05

Ninety days is a reasonable time to cover an item. The number of times it's been used is irrelevant, and probably unprovable besides.
rhpot1991 wrote:its a removable filter therefor is not permanently attached and will come out when force is applied.
From the sounds of it, this is the real issue--lots of people don't realize that the filter is not a part of the pot itself, or else they don't take it into account when using the pot. It's not supposed to stay stuck in the bottom of the pot.

Rinsing the pot (without the filter & tea) with hot water beforehand helps. You could also try pressing a spoon against the filter as you pour the water in--the spoon keeps the filter in place and also keeps the water from hitting any one point hard enough to dislodge the filter.

Dec 20th, '06, 20:02

by heatwaves » Dec 20th, '06, 20:02

I totally disagree. An item should be covered indefinitely, BUT only for me. For everyone else, 90 days is more than adequate :lol: .

Dec 20th, '06, 20:08

by jogrebe » Dec 20th, '06, 20:08

heatwaves wrote:I totally disagree. An item should be covered indefinitely, BUT only for me. For everyone else, 90 days is more than adequate :lol: .
Does that cover tea that is "defective" because it looses its flavor after being put into boiling water?
John Grebe

~C. S. Lewis

+ Post Reply