Adagio TeaCast :)

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

Jan 5th, '07, 14:16

Adagio TeaCast :)

by Amanda » Jan 5th, '07, 14:16

Hello all,

Nice to be back after all of the holiday lunacy. Been quite busy, as you can imagine ;)

BUT I DIGRESS!

Just put up a new feature for our January TeaMuse - Adagio's very own TeaCast! Hope you like it...

-Amanda

Ps. yes. I'm the same Amanda
-Amanda

Jan 5th, '07, 14:39

by lenny7 » Jan 5th, '07, 14:39

Is there an mp3 file we can download? When I try to access the podcast it tells me i need the Quicktime plugin, which has never worked for me...the audio is very herky jerky.

Jan 5th, '07, 16:35

by teamuse » Jan 5th, '07, 16:35

too cool!!

i have to admit....tea @ disney frightens me, but desparate times...good to know it's there. i would have killed for any tea when i was there last (and a Dr. Pepper).

well done and very cute, i hope your tea was better than it looked in that bag. and i love the shameless plug!

(the podcast also gets two baby thumbs up, as I watched it with my little one ...who will have tea & teasanes in her sippy cup as soon as we're able)

edit: if we could download it, i would totally put it on my ipod :D

Jan 6th, '07, 01:51

by TeaFanatic » Jan 6th, '07, 01:51

Great Job! I had no idea there was so much tea at disneyworld. I'm the same way with ordering loose green at a store such as that, I just don't trust that they will use the correct temperature of water.

It's too bad that the last time I was at disneyworld, they probably didn't even have that stand, and I was too young to fully appreciate how great tea is.

Thanks Amanda.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Jan 6th, '07, 03:13

by Ed » Jan 6th, '07, 03:13

The tea didn't look all that great there at Disney, but you're cute, Amanda. :wink:

I'd love to see a TeaCast showing a typical day at Adagio. I have this vision of little Oompa Loompas dancing around and scooping tea out of gigantic bins full of tasty tea whilst singing disco tunes. Am I right? 8)

Jan 6th, '07, 05:53

by EvenOdd » Jan 6th, '07, 05:53

Gotta love that Disney magic.

Jan 6th, '07, 07:41

by jogrebe » Jan 6th, '07, 07:41

EvenOdd wrote:Gotta love that Disney magic.
Disney magic? At the very least I'd call it a ripoff if not fraud to display jars of loose tea and then serve you a teabag.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jan 6th, '07, 14:45

by teamuse » Jan 6th, '07, 14:45

Ed wrote: I'd love to see a TeaCast showing a typical day at Adagio. I have this vision of little Oompa Loompas dancing around and scooping tea out of gigantic bins full of tasty tea whilst singing disco tunes. Am I right? 8)
++ that would be really neat imo. but i don't see oompa loompas..... maybe highly trained tea monkeys =P
"Life is too short to drink bad tea!"

Jan 7th, '07, 00:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 7th, '07, 00:14

...oh my gosh, Amanda was cloned...

I now know how to say Adagio...

How was the oolong? It looked like real oolong packed into the bag...nice web cast.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Feb 6th, '07, 10:52

by TeaFanatic » Feb 6th, '07, 10:52

Amanda,

When's the next teacast coming out? I can't wait! :D
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Feb 6th, '07, 13:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 6th, '07, 13:03

teamuse wrote:
Ed wrote: I'd love to see a TeaCast showing a typical day at Adagio. I have this vision of little Oompa Loompas dancing around and scooping tea out of gigantic bins full of tasty tea whilst singing disco tunes. Am I right? 8)
++ that would be really neat imo. but i don't see oompa loompas..... maybe highly trained tea monkeys =P
So then, all their tea would be "monkey picked"... :roll:

Feb 6th, '07, 17:24

Ask and ye shall receive

by Amanda » Feb 6th, '07, 17:24

TeaCast 2 is up an running - featuring IngenuiTEA cleaning tips in my luxurious apartment kitchen :oops:

Perhaps next month we will do the grand Adagio tour?

-Amanda

Feb 6th, '07, 17:41

by teamuse » Feb 6th, '07, 17:41

too cute!!! you kind of have an Alton Brown thing going on. I like it.

makes me sad my ingenutea v 1.0 (ok well maybe, i bought it 4 years ago and it doesn't have any of the special features... it says "adagio teas") died tio where no amt of cleaning helped.... it got thrown out about 2 months ago :cry:

but it certainly makes me see the high side of buying the newer model sometime soonish.

Feb 8th, '07, 09:48

by LavenderPekoe » Feb 8th, '07, 09:48

Teamuse, did you ever try Oxyclean or some such oxygenated cleaner? It works wonders.
Teas for trade:

Feb 8th, '07, 10:59

by teamuse » Feb 8th, '07, 10:59

LavenderPekoe wrote:Teamuse, did you ever try Oxyclean or some such oxygenated cleaner? It works wonders.
nope, sure haven't. but i did take it apart "carefully" twice and clean, run it through the dishwasher on the top rack, and reassemble. I think it was just its time.

+ Post Reply