Are you drink tea with milk?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 17th, '17, 22:27

Re: Are you drink tea with milk?

by ginagreen » May 17th, '17, 22:27

I love bubble tea, with the pure milk and green tea, it tastes well. :P

May 18th, '17, 07:10

by Psyck » May 18th, '17, 07:10

Addition of dairy and sweetener to black tea is the normal and standard way in which it is consumed across the world. Having black tea on its own, is more of an infrequent exception rather than the norm.

The major black tea consuming nations, like India and UK, have their own styles of preparing it.

It is of course quite rare for milk to be added to non-black teas, and not much purpose to it either as the addition of milk is primarily to tone down the strong tannin present in black tea, but not in non-black teas.

May 18th, '17, 10:01

by Henk » May 18th, '17, 10:01

In the Netherlands you'd have to ask every guest how they drink their tea. Some with sugar, some with milk, some with both, others with nothing. There isn't a standard. With coffee it's the same way.

May 20th, '17, 07:46

by tcsmeg » May 20th, '17, 07:46

I feel that it depend on the culture.

In British colony country I have seen people like to mix the tea (Only Red Tea) with condense milk.

In India, I drink it with cow milk and sugar in the city but buffalo milk and sugar in the remote area.

In Malaysia people use to mix the red tea and condense milk and throw it high within 2 big cup to make it fluffy with full of bubble on top. We call it Teh tarik(Tea have been pulled).

For the tea from china, it never mix with anything. We drink it as normal without any sugar or others.

May 23rd, '17, 02:56

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 02:56

tcsmeg wrote: I feel that it depend on the culture.

In British colony country I have seen people like to mix the tea (Only Red Tea) with condense milk.

In India, I drink it with cow milk and sugar in the city but buffalo milk and sugar in the remote area.

In Malaysia people use to mix the red tea and condense milk and throw it high within 2 big cup to make it fluffy with full of bubble on top. We call it Teh tarik(Tea have been pulled).

For the tea from china, it never mix with anything. We drink it as normal without any sugar or others.
You're right,there is a big difference between each country's eating habits because of each region is different. I think we can access to different cultural eating habits with the current cultural communication. For example, young people like milk tea in China now, maybe this is the impact of British culture.

May 23rd, '17, 03:00

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:00

Henk wrote: In the Netherlands you'd have to ask every guest how they drink their tea. Some with sugar, some with milk, some with both, others with nothing. There isn't a standard. With coffee it's the same way.
What kind of tea are you drinking in the Netherlands? :D

May 23rd, '17, 03:06

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:06

peony wrote: No, i like the natural aroma of tea. Even for black tea.
Different people have differernt understanding with tea , and the choice is depend on yourself.

May 23rd, '17, 03:18

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:18

Psyck wrote: Addition of dairy and sweetener to black tea is the normal and standard way in which it is consumed across the world. Having black tea on its own, is more of an infrequent exception rather than the norm.

The major black tea consuming nations, like India and UK, have their own styles of preparing it.

It is of course quite rare for milk to be added to non-black teas, and not much purpose to it either as the addition of milk is primarily to tone down the strong tannin present in black tea, but not in non-black teas.
You are quite familar with black tea, and most of the black tea you will choose to add dairy and sweetener? Are you British? Waht kind of black tea is more popular with British? :)

May 23rd, '17, 03:22

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:22

ginagreen wrote: I love bubble tea, with the pure milk and green tea, it tastes well. :P
It's popular with young. However, we would like to add pure milk into black tea, I never try to use green tea. It's ok for that? :?:

May 23rd, '17, 04:34

by tcsmeg » May 23rd, '17, 04:34

janet11 wrote:

You're right,there is a big difference between each country's eating habits because of each region is different. I think we can access to different cultural eating habits with the current cultural communication. For example, young people like milk tea in China now, maybe this is the impact of British culture.
Tea drinking is considered physically and spiritually for the Chinese whom take further step in the tea study. No matter how expert you are on the tea, it is same as Japan tea ceremony go back to zen or tao philosophy. That is why for the expert whom know this art well, at the end whatever tea does not matter to him. It is philosophy that count.

We are still in child level pursuing the type of tea, the type of water or even the type of kettle to boil the water.

May 23rd, '17, 08:59

Re: RE: Re: Are you drink tea with milk?

by Henk » May 23rd, '17, 08:59

janet11 wrote:
Henk wrote: In the Netherlands you'd have to ask every guest how they drink their tea. Some with sugar, some with milk, some with both, others with nothing. There isn't a standard. With coffee it's the same way.
What kind of tea are you drinking in the Netherlands? :D
Black (red) tea, bagged, is still the standard.

May 23rd, '17, 20:55

by ginagreen » May 23rd, '17, 20:55

janet11 wrote: It's popular with young. However, we would like to add pure milk into black tea, I never try to use green tea. It's ok for that? :?:
Exactly, there are many types of tea you can choose, just match it with milk, you will find a different word.

May 23rd, '17, 23:03

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 23:03

tcsmeg wrote:
janet11 wrote:

Tea drinking is considered physically and spiritually for the Chinese whom take further step in the tea study. No matter how expert you are on the tea, it is same as Japan tea ceremony go back to zen or tao philosophy. That is why for the expert whom know this art well, at the end whatever tea does not matter to him. It is philosophy that count.

We are still in child level pursuing the type of tea, the type of water or even the type of kettle to boil the water.
Interesting metaphor. :lol:

May 24th, '17, 08:52

by doudou » May 24th, '17, 08:52

I enjoy a good cup of black tea with milk and sugar, it is a completely different experience than drinking Chinese or Japanese tea. I also enjoy chai which includes milk and a good bubba tea once in a while.

May 25th, '17, 03:05

by janet11 » May 25th, '17, 03:05

doudou wrote: I enjoy a good cup of black tea with milk and sugar, it is a completely different experience than drinking Chinese or Japanese tea. I also enjoy chai which includes milk and a good bubba tea once in a while.
I like the fragrance of green tea, but black tea is too astringent for me. I will like you add some milk and sugar, but I jusst add a little with a touch of milk flavor. :wink:

+ Post Reply