What kind of drinks can help you relieve the summer heat?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 9th, '17, 22:29

Re: What kind of drinks can help you relieve the summer heat?

by Henk » May 9th, '17, 22:29

Here in Malaysia we don't really have seasons so I have little choice but to drink tea in hot and humid weather. It's adaptation because when I lived in the Netherlands, I abhorred anything over 20C. Now I like to sweat it out on a mountain bike.

May 10th, '17, 02:59
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 10th, '17, 02:59

Drinking one of these:

https://www.starrykent.co.uk/media/cata ... 010145.jpg

Hung Fook Tong Common Self-Heal Spike Fruit Drink. My live-in housekeeper bought one for herself and when I told her how good it was for the summer heat, she said she knew and drinks it all summer. She gave me hers as she had a peach Nestea too! lol. We live right by a 7-11 so easy enough to get another one.

May 17th, '17, 10:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Annabella » May 17th, '17, 10:20

My summer drink is strong green tea with ice! I was in Vietnam and got the idea from there. I spend every summer in Spain, and now it’s gonna be even more often and longer as this year we are hoping to make business in Spain and buy property in Barcelona https://tranio.com/spain/catalonia/barcelona/, and the weather is really hot here from April to October, so ice tea helps a lot!

May 19th, '17, 23:18

by RookieCookie » May 19th, '17, 23:18

Hot Kuding tea.
1 stick with ripe puerh as a general neutraliser for heatiness,
2 sticks plain to wipe out heatiness ailments.
Smoky and a very distinct bitterness. The taste is pretty much.... pure gan (sweetness after bitterness).
It's really good in Singapore where it's literally summer the whole year. 31-27 degrees celsius.

May 21st, '17, 17:18

by debunix » May 21st, '17, 17:18

Today I've already enjoyed my first bottle of sparkling sencha.

I take a scoop of sencha, open a bottle of sparkling water, drop the dry tea leaves into the bottle, seal the bottle back up, invert once or twice, and refrigerate 4-24 hours. Then strain and enjoy cold refreshing sparkling sencha.

May 22nd, '17, 04:30

by janet11 » May 22nd, '17, 04:30

Dresden wrote: I tend to enjoy Mugicha or Iced Sencha during the summer months
What about the flavor?

May 23rd, '17, 03:27

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:27

debunix wrote: Today I've already enjoyed my first bottle of sparkling sencha.

I take a scoop of sencha, open a bottle of sparkling water, drop the dry tea leaves into the bottle, seal the bottle back up, invert once or twice, and refrigerate 4-24 hours. Then strain and enjoy cold refreshing sparkling sencha.
I can imagine that Icy and a little sweet taste just listening your description. It's very hot outside now, I really want a cup. :cry:

May 23rd, '17, 03:31

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:31

RookieCookie wrote: Hot Kuding tea.
1 stick with ripe puerh as a general neutraliser for heatiness,
2 sticks plain to wipe out heatiness ailments.
Smoky and a very distinct bitterness. The taste is pretty much.... pure gan (sweetness after bitterness).
It's really good in Singapore where it's literally summer the whole year. 31-27 degrees celsius.
Does it's kind of a medicine that can prevent heatstroke?

May 23rd, '17, 03:34

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:34

jayinhk wrote: Drinking one of these:

https://www.starrykent.co.uk/media/cata ... 010145.jpg

Hung Fook Tong Common Self-Heal Spike Fruit Drink. My live-in housekeeper bought one for herself and when I told her how good it was for the summer heat, she said she knew and drinks it all summer. She gave me hers as she had a peach Nestea too! lol. We live right by a 7-11 so easy enough to get another one.
Maybe I have the opportunity to try it in Hong Kong this summer :D

May 23rd, '17, 03:39

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 03:39

Henk wrote: Here in Malaysia we don't really have seasons so I have little choice but to drink tea in hot and humid weather. It's adaptation because when I lived in the Netherlands, I abhorred anything over 20C. Now I like to sweat it out on a mountain bike.
I also like to run to sweat.But I will make a cup of iced tea before I running. :D

May 23rd, '17, 04:32

by john.b » May 23rd, '17, 04:32

I visited my favorite Bangkok Chinatown tea shop yesterday and for whatever reason it felt as hot as a sauna outside before even stepping into that shop.

A number of tiny cups of Wuyi Yancha teas later I was sweating like a necrophiliac in a zombie movie. There probably is a time and a place for iced tea.

May 23rd, '17, 08:34

by chrl42 » May 23rd, '17, 08:34

john.b wrote: I visited my favorite Bangkok Chinatown tea shop yesterday and for whatever reason it felt as hot as a sauna outside before even stepping into that shop.

A number of tiny cups of Wuyi Yancha teas later I was sweating like a necrophiliac in a zombie movie. There probably is a time and a place for iced tea.
Now we are coming up with a new term.. "Tea Zombie".. :mrgreen:

May 23rd, '17, 23:08

by janet11 » May 23rd, '17, 23:08

john.b wrote: I visited my favorite Bangkok Chinatown tea shop yesterday and for whatever reason it felt as hot as a sauna outside before even stepping into that shop.

Summer is the time to try new ways. :lol:

May 25th, '17, 05:18

by john.b » May 25th, '17, 05:18

Summer is really the only season we have here in Bangkok. It's the rainy season now and it still gets up to around 30 C every day (upper 80's F), even though it's raining some of the time.

It reminds me of a tour guide in Singapore saying they have four seasons there: hot and hotter, wet and wetter. The weather there never seemed bad to me on visits, generally cooler than here.

Jun 1st, '17, 05:42

by kuánglóng » Jun 1st, '17, 05:42

With temperatures rapidly rising over here and living in an attic apartment I found myself happily gong-fuing about anything but my standard shengs and FF DJs in one of my tasting sets during the last couple days, but at much lower leaf/water ratios and far longer steeping times than usual. It works surprisingly well in the heat - even with teas I normally wouldn't even think of drinking during summertime.

+ Post Reply