Are you drink tea with milk?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 30th, '17, 09:47

Re: Are you drink tea with milk?

by doudou » May 30th, '17, 09:47

janet11 wrote: I like the fragrance of green tea, but black tea is too astringent for me. I will like you add some milk and sugar, but I jusst add a little with a touch of milk flavor. :wink:
Milk and sugar seem to overwhelm any green tea flavor. I prefer to drink green tea straight, but black tea is good with milk.

May 30th, '17, 22:21

by janet11 » May 30th, '17, 22:21

doudou wrote:
janet11 wrote: I like the fragrance of green tea, but black tea is too astringent for me. I will like you add some milk and sugar, but I jusst add a little with a touch of milk flavor. :wink:
Milk and sugar seem to overwhelm any green tea flavor. I prefer to drink green tea straight, but black tea is good with milk.
yeah, I totally agree.
I like add some milk into my Lapsang Souchong. What about you?

Jun 11th, '18, 17:41
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Re: Are you drinking tea with milk?

by skywarrior » Jun 11th, '18, 17:41

Ack! No! No! No! No milk! Blech! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, maybe with matcha and chai, but otherwise no. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

:mrgreen:

Jun 12th, '18, 15:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Jun 12th, '18, 15:48

No milk in tea for me.

Jun 12th, '18, 23:06

by Chip » Jun 12th, '18, 23:06

Never did, never will.

Jun 13th, '18, 01:04

by JRS22 » Jun 13th, '18, 01:04

Until March I would have said never but then I went to India. Strong Indian tea was just right with milk and sugar. I know I overdid it because I spent several. nights sleepless from the caffeine. Back at home my Yancha and Japanese greens don’t need milk or sugar and I don’t miss that style of tea drinking.

Jun 13th, '18, 11:15

by Chip » Jun 13th, '18, 11:15

JRS22 wrote: Until March I would have said never but then I went to India. Strong Indian tea was just right with milk and sugar. I know I overdid it because I spent several. nights sleepless from the caffeine. Back at home my Yancha and Japanese greens don’t need milk or sugar and I don’t miss that style of tea drinking.
Actually now that you mention India, I have had masala chai with some kind of milk in it. Overall, not my cuppa, but it was ... culturally interesting.

Jun 13th, '18, 15:39
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Jun 13th, '18, 15:39

Chip wrote: Never did, never will.
Chipster! Greetings! Long time no hang out! Good to "see" you again!

Jun 15th, '18, 02:51

by kukicha » Jun 15th, '18, 02:51

Hello,
I don't really drink tea with milk.
I don't really add anything to tea usually, I like drinking it straight up. Earl grey is an exception - I like to brew it by steeping some earl grey in a Gaiwan, then putting a splash of vanilla in my teacup, pouring the earl grey on top of it, and topping it with frothed milk.

Jun 23rd, '18, 17:38

by dogjaeja » Jun 23rd, '18, 17:38

You could always try a Jin Xuan tea for the milkyness.

Oct 4th, '18, 02:31

by cre8ivemedia » Oct 4th, '18, 02:31

janet11 wrote: Hi~
I never try to add milk into tea when I drink tea. What kind of tea will you choose to add some milk to make it taste more smooth? Will it turn into milk tea? And question is coming, Milk in First or Teas in First? Debate continues about whether to put milk in the cup before pouring or after. Originally milk was always added before the tea to prevent the hot teas from cracking the delicate bone china cups. Tea experts agree with this tradition but also state, pouring milk into hot tea after pouring alters the flavour of the tea. I'm really curious what kind of flavor is it, and you? :?:
I've been drinking black tea with milk ever since I started with the first cup of tea. I have family members who hates the idea of adding milk to black tea but I just can't do without adding milk.

Get some loose leaf Darjeeling tea and add some milk to it. I like to boil them together and with some ginger to it, I tell you, nothing taste better than that.

Dec 8th, '18, 06:13

by Jomana » Dec 8th, '18, 06:13

Wow I looove drinking tea with milk😍.. I drink more than 6 cups aday 😄

Sometime we add flavor to the tea like Ginger, Zaffaran or Thyme . It's really tasty

+ Post Reply