How about replace the fruit bits with powder?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Dec 1st, '09, 01:27

How about replace the fruit bits with powder?

by marvell » Dec 1st, '09, 01:27

It seems like flavored tea is just made of tea(black or green) and dry fruit bits, and the small fruit pieces are source of flavor.

I tried some flavored teas, the fruit flavor is not that rich as I expected. I guess maybe the dry bits could not release their flavor as much as possible.

Will the flavor become rich if replace the dry bits with fruit powder? as water dissolves powder, I think :idea:

Some advices pls, tks.

BTW, a new fish say hello to everyone :lol:

Dec 1st, '09, 01:51
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: How about replace the fruit bits with powder?

by Chip » Dec 1st, '09, 01:51

Most flavored teas that have the dried fruit bits in them, the fruit is mostly show, the flavor is actually sprayed onto the tea.

Dec 1st, '09, 12:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 1st, '09, 12:08

Hi and Welcome! My advice is to make sure you are using boiling water with the flavored blacks. Or if you like more fruit than tea, try tisanes or mixing tisanes with with tea.

Feb 23rd, '10, 00:59

by entropyembrace » Feb 23rd, '10, 00:59

I second Victoria´s recomendation of buying fruit tisanes and mixing with tea...there are delicious natural tisanes that brew to intense flavours which can be mixed easily with loose leaf tea to create your own flavoured tea blends.
This past Saturday I mixed Euro Té piña colada tisane with keemun black tea from a local shop...the results were fantastic :)

+ Post Reply