Favorite rose teas?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Apr 4th, '17, 12:00

Favorite rose teas?

by FinestTippy » Apr 4th, '17, 12:00

I'm looking for a rose flavored tea which I can get in the US. I've only tried one, and the rose essence was overpowering and left a strange aftertaste which lingered for far too long.

I see that both Harney and Bellocq have rose flavored teas. I'll give them a shot.

I think Mariage Freres and Dammann Freres have rose teas, but I haven't found a US source for that specific tea. Other MF and DF teas are readily available.

Apr 4th, '17, 15:13
Adagio
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Favorite rose teas?

by Emily@Adagio » Apr 4th, '17, 15:13

FinestTippy wrote: I'm looking for a rose flavored tea which I can get in the US. I've only tried one, and the rose essence was overpowering and left a strange aftertaste which lingered for far too long.

I see that both Harney and Bellocq have rose flavored teas. I'll give them a shot.

I think Mariage Freres and Dammann Freres have rose teas, but I haven't found a US source for that specific tea. Other MF and DF teas are readily available.
I've been eyeing this tea from Rishi for a while, but it's always out of stock when I check for it. And Adagio's Summer Rose is always a really popular option.

Apr 5th, '17, 07:03

by kuánglóng » Apr 5th, '17, 07:03

I used to be a fan of some flavored blends decades ago, especially Earl Grey and Rose tea but after having tried most of the available stuff back then I soon started to do my own blends. Lots more fun and there's a good chance that you might end up with something pretty unique that you really love.

Apr 5th, '17, 16:26

by FinestTippy » Apr 5th, '17, 16:26

kuánglóng wrote: I used to be a fan of some flavored blends decades ago, especially Earl Grey and Rose tea but after having tried most of the available stuff back then I soon started to do my own blends. Lots more fun and there's a good chance that you might end up with something pretty unique that you really love.
Nice idea. Where do you buy the flavorings? Are they oils you spray on the tea?

Apr 5th, '17, 16:52

by kuánglóng » Apr 5th, '17, 16:52

FinestTippy wrote:
kuánglóng wrote: I used to be a fan of some flavored blends decades ago, especially Earl Grey and Rose tea but after having tried most of the available stuff back then I soon started to do my own blends. Lots more fun and there's a good chance that you might end up with something pretty unique that you really love.
Nice idea. Where do you buy the flavorings? Are they oils you spray on the tea?
I've only used rose buds for my rose teas back then but organic essential oils for some other blends, e.g. bergamotte oil for Earl Grey. If you have a decent atomizer you can carefully spray some oil on the tea but most of the time I just put some drops on a tissue and put that into the tea can or caddy for a couple days - teas readily absorb those aromas.

Apr 20th, '17, 09:07

by TeBrecwast » Apr 20th, '17, 09:07

Have you tried rosehip? I find it to have less of an aftertaste with a rose hint to the body, but my pallet enjoys a fruitier tea. There is a sweetness, but not overpowering or sugary. Rosehip can be found fairly easily at stores and online.
Last edited by Emily@Adagio on Apr 20th, '17, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken link

Jun 7th, '17, 21:53

by janet11 » Jun 7th, '17, 21:53

I do not have any ideas about flower tea, any recommemds?

+ Post Reply