What kind of drinks can help you relieve the summer heat?

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 8th, '17, 21:32

What kind of drinks can help you relieve the summer heat?

by janet11 » May 8th, '17, 21:32

Summering is coming soon. Do you want to make a cup of drinks by yourself to cool summer? So, I would like to share some experiences. Most of the time we may choose a cup of hot tea in the winner, while we don’t like to drink tea at summer. Maybe you will enjoy tea at summer. Iced oolong tea is a refreshing, semi-sweet drink that is very easy to make. While black tea is often preferred for iced tea, you might find that oolong tea is a better choice.
What You'll Need: 1 heaping teaspoon oolong leaves;1 cup near-boiling water; 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey; Ice (approximately 1 cup)
How to Make It: First,Pour the bubbling water over the tea leaves.Second, Steep for 4-6 minutes and then remove the tea leaves. Third, Add the honey and stir. Finally, Pour the tea over ice.
Have a nice day!

May 8th, '17, 23:40

Re: What kind of drinks can help you relieve the summer heat?

by Muel » May 8th, '17, 23:40

janet11 wrote:Summering is coming soon. Do you want to make a cup of drinks by yourself to cool summer? So, I would like to share some experiences. Most of the time we may choose a cup of hot tea in the winner, while we don’t like to drink tea at summer. Maybe you will enjoy tea at summer. Iced oolong tea is a refreshing, semi-sweet drink that is very easy to make. While black tea is often preferred for iced tea, you might find that oolong tea is a better choice.
What You'll Need: 1 heaping teaspoon oolong leaves;1 cup near-boiling water; 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey; Ice (approximately 1 cup)
How to Make It: First,Pour the bubbling water over the tea leaves.Second, Steep for 4-6 minutes and then remove the tea leaves. Third, Add the honey and stir. Finally, Pour the tea over ice.
Have a nice day!

Have you ever try using Pu'Er tea to make iced cold milk tea? I had it once in a Yunnan restaurant at my local area, it taste quite goodImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 8th, '17, 23:44

by chrl42 » May 8th, '17, 23:44

Less oxidated teas can cool the body temp,

In China, Bai Hao Yin Zhen is considered the best cooling tea, followed by green tea.

May 9th, '17, 02:42

by janet11 » May 9th, '17, 02:42

Muel wrote:
janet11 wrote:Summering is coming soon. Do you want to make a cup of drinks by yourself to cool summer? So, I would like to share some experiences. Most of the time we may choose a cup of hot tea in the winner, while we don’t like to drink tea at summer. Maybe you will enjoy tea at summer. Iced oolong tea is a refreshing, semi-sweet drink that is very easy to make. While black tea is often preferred for iced tea, you might find that oolong tea is a better choice.
Have a nice day!

Have you ever try using Pu'Er tea to make iced cold milk tea? I had it once in a Yunnan restaurant at my local area, it taste quite goodImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the taste of puer tea is strong, I haven't tried that.But I can imagine it will taste very good.

May 9th, '17, 02:47

by janet11 » May 9th, '17, 02:47

chrl42 wrote: Less oxidated teas can cool the body temp,

In China, Bai Hao Yin Zhen is considered the best cooling tea, followed by green tea.
I never heard about Bai Hao Yin Zhen, Is it really help us to cool down? What about the flavor?

May 9th, '17, 02:53

by chrl42 » May 9th, '17, 02:53

janet11 wrote:

I never heard about Bai Hao Yin Zhen, Is it really help us to cool down? What about the flavor?
In West, it's more known as Silver Needle, which is classified as white tea.

May 9th, '17, 02:59
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 9th, '17, 02:59

I was thinking more along the lines of chrysanthemum and five flower tea...

May 9th, '17, 02:59

by kuánglóng » May 9th, '17, 02:59

For me it's yerba mate, tereré (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terer%C3%A9) or white teas like Bai Mu Dan or sometimes Yasmin Yin Zhen.

May 9th, '17, 05:01

by john.b » May 9th, '17, 05:01

Cold oolong is nice.

But I've just passed through the teeth of a Bangkok hot season, experiencing 100 F / 40 C temperatures in the past week, with insane levels of humidity, and my own solution is to just keep on drinking hot tea.

Turn a fan on, sweat as necessary, and put it out of your mind. It's natural to feel warm in warm weather; it's only as pleasant or unpleasant as you think it is. Then again I would regularly go on hiking theme vacations in Utah and Arizona in the US spring and summer, so maybe I'm not normal related to liking hot weather.

May 9th, '17, 05:07

by chrl42 » May 9th, '17, 05:07

jayinhk wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of chrysanthemum and five flower tea...
See I am not used to talk about 'herb' teas here in Teachat :mrgreen:

May 9th, '17, 06:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » May 9th, '17, 06:21

I agree with Chrl. White and green teas, especially when brewed lightly, really help during the hot season.

May 9th, '17, 07:12
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 9th, '17, 07:12

chrl42 wrote:
jayinhk wrote: I was thinking more along the lines of chrysanthemum and five flower tea...
See I am not used to talk about 'herb' teas here in Teachat :mrgreen:
But that's what we drink for heat!

http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles ... ional.html

Sugarcane and sea coconut is a popular drink for heat here in HK too. Sold bottled and canned all over town. One of my students complained that her mother forced her to drink it, and I told her I loved the stuff.

:lol:

May 9th, '17, 19:39

by Dresden » May 9th, '17, 19:39

I tend to enjoy Mugicha or Iced Sencha during the summer months

May 9th, '17, 21:43

by janet11 » May 9th, '17, 21:43

Dresden wrote: I tend to enjoy Mugicha or Iced Sencha during the summer months
You're right, Mugicha is a nice choice at summer.

May 9th, '17, 21:53

by janet11 » May 9th, '17, 21:53

john.b wrote: Cold oolong is nice.

But I've just passed through the teeth of a Bangkok hot season, experiencing 100 F / 40 C temperatures in the past week, with insane levels of humidity, and my own solution is to just keep on drinking hot tea.

Turn a fan on, sweat as necessary, and put it out of your mind. It's natural to feel warm in warm weather; it's only as pleasant or unpleasant as you think it is. Then again I would regularly go on hiking theme vacations in Utah and Arizona in the US spring and summer, so maybe I'm not normal related to liking hot weather.
Crazy! I think I'll thermal blooming. The high temperature will affect my thinking. Just enjoying a cup of hot tea belongs to you!

+ Post Reply