Looking for a flavored green tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Nov 12th, '07, 18:07

Looking for a flavored green tea

by vnero323 » Nov 12th, '07, 18:07

I once purchased a small sample of a flavored green tea called "fortune cookie", which I can only describe as tasting sweet vanilla-y, but also with hints of almond and/or coconut. I bought it from a local tea shop where I used to live, but I have since moved a few states away and cannot find this tea anywhere online. Perhaps the place I purchased it from called it 'fortune cookie' but it is sold online under a different name? If anyone has had anything that sounds or tastes like what I have described, please let me know! In the meantime, I will enjoy my Adagio vanilla green, as it is the closest I have been able to find to it, and it has a nice balance of sweet flavor and green tea.

Nov 12th, '07, 18:17

by vnero323 » Nov 12th, '07, 18:17

wow, I feel a bit dumb now, as I am going to answer my own post...
I was looking through some other posts where someone was looking for Tibetan tea. Someone else replied with a link to a tea vendor, and I searched through that site . It turns out that they sell a green tea known as 'almond cookie', which appears to be exactly what I had. If you are like me, and just can't get used to the overly earthy flavor of unflavored green tea, then I HIGHLY recommend you try this tea. Just be warned that the tea doesn't brew cleanly (there are a lot of small particles in it, giving the tea a cloudy appearance). But it is still SUPER yummy!

Nov 13th, '07, 10:57

by xine » Nov 13th, '07, 10:57

Glad to hear that you were able to use teachat.com to your advantage!

+ Post Reply