Favorite Tea Bags

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Dec 28th, '07, 00:47

Favorite Tea Bags

by HydeInFL » Dec 28th, '07, 00:47

I travel for business a lot and can't exactly drag all the loose tea paraphanalia with me. So, I'm looking for some tea bags I can take with me and enjoy. Some of my favorites so far:

Mighty Leaf African Nectar
Mighty Leaf Organic Mint Melange
Mighty Leaf Mountain Spring Jasmine
Tazo Zen (only one Tazo makes that I like)

Looking for a good basic green, basic black, chamomile, and some flavors too.

Side Question: what about using tea filter bags for loose teas? Do these work OK or does the tea not have enough room to breath in these things?

Thanks!

Dec 28th, '07, 01:49

by Wesli » Dec 28th, '07, 01:49

The bags for loose tea are great. I highly recommend them over store-bought bags. They'll give enough room to expand as long as you don't tie them shut with anything.

My favorite way to make tea for work is with cold-brew teabags. Den's tea has some good ones. I work in a hot and humid environment, so they work wonders for me.

By the way, when you search for teabags, in order to insure a minimal amount of quality, make sure the tea is whole leaf. Pyramid bags should also be sought after, as they insure room for the leaf to expand.

Jan 29th, '08, 23:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jan 29th, '08, 23:21

I have just found some great fillable bags, that really beat out the cheap paper ones. They come in two sizes and fill from the side so they are very roomy!
http://www.teacuppa.com/Self-Teabags.asp

Jan 29th, '08, 23:57

by Wesli » Jan 29th, '08, 23:57

I thought I'd add that the Uji Sencha Teabags from O-cha I got my dad for christmas are wonderful.

+ Post Reply