The search for a replacement tea!

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Mar 1st, '08, 11:39

The search for a replacement tea!

by grifta67 » Mar 1st, '08, 11:39

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to help a friend track down a particular style of green tea he enjoys. I guess his usual brand got discontinued, so he's trying to find a replacement. Here's his description: "used to make this green tea that had dried pineapple chunks, rose pedals, orange peal.. it was ***** great.. then they started making it differently"

The only link he sent me as an example was the following: http://www.herbsntea.eu/tea/tropical-vacation-p-81.html I'm guessing there's still something missing from that one since he didn't order that and is still looking.

He'd prefer something sold by Adagio as he wants to piggyback his order onto the one I'm about to make, but I'm sure he'd love ideas from other vendors as well as Adagio.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
-Sean

Mar 1st, '08, 12:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Mar 1st, '08, 12:01

Sean,

Did he mention the original vendor? And did he describe the overall flavor of the tea?

Thanks!

Mar 1st, '08, 12:13

by grifta67 » Mar 1st, '08, 12:13

It was from a local grocery store chain, Giant Eagle. Sorry I didn't mention that, I didn't know if a grocery store brand would bring the wrath of true tea drinkers! :)

Here's his might-not-be-helpful description:

tea has such a subtle flavor.. i dont think i could describe it in a way that would help

that or im just not tea crazy enough to do it

it tastes good. not sure what ingredients cause me to like it

id assume the pineapple helps.. though, i cant specificaly taste it in the tea

tell them that it tastes like...
green tea, cardamom, pineapple pieces, ginger, rose petals, calendula flower, grapefruit flavor

Mar 1st, '08, 12:20

by Mary R » Mar 1st, '08, 12:20

Dragonwater has something called "Green Mango Pineapple." Here's their description:
Dragonwater wrote:Green Mango Pineapple Tea. One of our most popular flavored green teas. Select Sencha and Assam green teas blended with hibiscus, blue mallow blossoms, cornflower blossoms, sunflower petals, rose petals, and a delicious mango, passion fruit, pineapple flavor.

Ingredients: Green tea, hibiscus, rose petals, blue mallow blossoms, sunflower petals, cornflower blossoms, English chamomile and flavoring.

Mar 1st, '08, 16:37

by tseirPsaduJ » Mar 1st, '08, 16:37

I would attempt blending what you could with the adagio blends section and then get the extra ingredients (rose petals, cardamom) else where, adding til it tastes right...I get the cardamom from indian/asian stores or bulk stores. Several places sell rose petals or miniature rose buds. In my opinion I think it'd be easier to do that.
I haven't had it in years, but I remember Revolution's tropical green being something like what he is looking for. Their site doesn't list everything that was in it, unless they have changed what was in it since I last drank some...but I liked it.

Hope he finds it. I know it can be horrible to want a certain tea, and not be able to get it anymore.

Apr 22nd, '08, 15:31

Possibilities

by Emily76 » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:31

This is probably too late. I had some great tea from Teavana that is like that. Emerald Princess has pineapple, citrus, coconut, and rose petals

http://www.teavana.com/Emerald+Princess ... uctDetails

I also like this one:

Green Tea Mojo Flavored Green Tea
Full-leaf Ceylon black and Japanese Sencha green tea mixed with cactus blossoms, guava, strawberry, raspberry, rhubarb and sunflower petals.

+ Post Reply