Would you ask for a return on this?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 18th, '17, 20:24

Would you ask for a return on this?

by chris403 » Feb 18th, '17, 20:24

I bought a 10 year cake. I just tried to pry into it and found a long long hair pressed waay into the cake. Usually I find stuff in my tea but I can just pick it out so whatever. This hair I tried to pick out and it's deep in the cake and broke into like 4 pieces only one short piece came out.
I am now so afraid I won't be able to pick all the hair out that I don't think I can stomach drinking the cake. Would you feel bad asking for a return in this case or am I just being a baby?

Ive done a decent amount of business through them and wouldnt want them to feel like i was just looking for a return. Just Wanted a second opinion and wasn't sure who to ask thanks :)!

Feb 18th, '17, 20:33
Vendor Member

Re: Would you ask for a return on this?

by jayinhk » Feb 18th, '17, 20:33

If you found one long hair...you're ahead. Be glad it's not a human tooth, rat's skull or a short and curly hair!

Feb 18th, '17, 20:52

by chris403 » Feb 18th, '17, 20:52

jayinhk wrote: If you found one long hair...you're ahead. Be glad it's not a human tooth, rat's skull or a short and curly hair!
Tell me those all aren't things you've found pressed in cakes?!? Maybe I just don't have the stomach for aged tea then haha!

Feb 18th, '17, 20:55
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Feb 18th, '17, 20:55

chris403 wrote:
jayinhk wrote: If you found one long hair...you're ahead. Be glad it's not a human tooth, rat's skull or a short and curly hair!
Tell me those all aren't things you've found pressed in cakes?!? Maybe I just don't have the stomach for aged tea then haha!
Not me, but other people on here have found that kind of stuff, as well as cigarette butts, pumpkin seeds, etc etc. I bought some aged shu that had quite a bit of hair in it. That stuff was disgusting to drink because I have an aversion to other people's hair on me. I tried to pick out as much as I could as it wasn't cheap tea! Very well aged loose pu.

Worst I've found in Dayi/CNNP is green nylon string. Factory teas are more reliable in that way.

Feb 19th, '17, 07:12

by Bef » Feb 19th, '17, 07:12

I suggest you don't drink this tea. Send it my way and I'll dispose of it safely.

Feb 19th, '17, 08:55

by mr mopu » Feb 19th, '17, 08:55

Bef wrote: I suggest you don't drink this tea. Send it my way and I'll dispose of it safely.
I also would be glad to help dispose of the cake in question. This is the reason I only normally buy big factory shou.

Feb 19th, '17, 12:57

by Psyck » Feb 19th, '17, 12:57

Hairs are probably the most common of the extraneous matter found in tea cakes. I've been drinking these for only a couple of years and have found one long hair once, don't think I've gotten anything else so far though it is well possible some lil thing may have slipped my notice.

Since you already know it is there, it may be possible to extract all of it out when you completely break up the cake. It is not something I would consider a cause to return, but if you still feel queasy about it, no harm informing the seller about it and seeing what he has to suggest...

Feb 19th, '17, 18:04

by stevorama » Feb 19th, '17, 18:04

Personally I'm not concerned by hair. I've found plenty. Actually I prefer hair to nylon string. If you pry apart the cake near the hair it's easy to remove. My least favorite find was a cigarette butt. I've also found insect parts and imagine there's more I don't find. It's the nature of the commodity, but I don't usually buy more of dirty pu! :mrgreen:

Feb 19th, '17, 18:36

by pedant » Feb 19th, '17, 18:36

think of it as a prize in a cereal box

Feb 19th, '17, 20:28

by toby » Feb 19th, '17, 20:28

part of the game lolz

Feb 22nd, '17, 15:37

by onjinone » Feb 22nd, '17, 15:37

It happens, which is unfortunate. You can try to return it if it really bothers you a lot. If not, you can just pick it out once you brew the tea.

+ Post Reply