Xiaguan flavours

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Feb 20th, '17, 18:01

Re: Xiaguan flavours

by toby » Feb 20th, '17, 18:01

Xeractha wrote: What's a good price for these tuos?
I found this only : http://www.kingteamall.com/product/2005 ... -sheng-cha
This is a good tuo. I have sold a few of them.
I am half a vendor so maybe I shouldn't comment on price.
If you only buy a tuo and shipping is included it is a good deal, provided that I can only send tea via discounted EMS which is 25USD for the first 500g and 8USD for each 500g block afterward

Feb 20th, '17, 18:29

by toby » Feb 20th, '17, 18:29

jayinhk wrote:
toby wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Thanks for that input Toby! So the pink box Teji tuos are different then? I was wondering about that. I'm considering buy a fair bit of new XG tea this year for aging.
It seems to me that the one in boxes are better. It is better for storage too (but take up more space).

04 shouldn't be too pricy. I sold quite a few 04 Sep Pink Box last year to new Pu lovers. 03 is way pink mix is very pricey since 03 is the first year of Teji tuos.
Gotcha, I have some 05 pink boxes aging away. I prefer to buy new ones as they age so quickly here and the price is so low. 2013 or so would be good as the smoke would be partially gone and the tea would come along well in only five years or so.

How do you feel about the 454g Nanzhou vs the smaller tuos? I may buy a few boxes of Nanzhou.
For nanzhou... 04 march 100g is good. There will be some coming from taiwan soon ;-)
04 March 200g ones (nanzhou golden buds) are highly sought after, there are more banzhang material in them but I feel like I am having a bad trip of 420 after just one cup. The 04 Aug 200g ones (nanzhou golden buds) I bought are great. Lots of my cilents love them too, but it is a bit more $$. For the 04 454g cake. It is the OG. It is almost over 2000 RMB now. I haven't tried.

Feb 20th, '17, 20:50
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Feb 20th, '17, 20:50

toby wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
toby wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Thanks for that input Toby! So the pink box Teji tuos are different then? I was wondering about that. I'm considering buy a fair bit of new XG tea this year for aging.
It seems to me that the one in boxes are better. It is better for storage too (but take up more space).

04 shouldn't be too pricy. I sold quite a few 04 Sep Pink Box last year to new Pu lovers. 03 is way pink mix is very pricey since 03 is the first year of Teji tuos.
Gotcha, I have some 05 pink boxes aging away. I prefer to buy new ones as they age so quickly here and the price is so low. 2013 or so would be good as the smoke would be partially gone and the tea would come along well in only five years or so.

How do you feel about the 454g Nanzhou vs the smaller tuos? I may buy a few boxes of Nanzhou.
For nanzhou... 04 march 100g is good. There will be some coming from taiwan soon ;-)
04 March 200g ones (nanzhou golden buds) are highly sought after, there are more banzhang material in them but I feel like I am having a bad trip of 420 after just one cup. The 04 Aug 200g ones (nanzhou golden buds) I bought are great. Lots of my cilents love them too, but it is a bit more $$. For the 04 454g cake. It is the OG. It is almost over 2000 RMB now. I haven't tried.
Nice, I'm mostly interested in picking up new tea to age, but I'll have a look at Fangcun next week. Heading up to Guangzhou today, but I have an early morning flight to London early tomorrow!

Feb 21st, '17, 00:34

by toby » Feb 21st, '17, 00:34

well, for new tea, i heard the 2014 XG golden ribbon tuo is very good.

Feb 22nd, '17, 00:11
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Feb 22nd, '17, 00:11

toby wrote: well, for new tea, i heard the 2014 XG golden ribbon tuo is very good.
Thanks! I'll have to try some out.

+ Post Reply