Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


Mar 13th, '17, 08:51
Posts: 21
Joined: Jan 2nd, '17
Location: Lisbon- Portugal

Re: Official Pu of the day

by gatmcm » Mar 13th, '17, 08:51

I'm drinking some mystery sheng sample I found at a local store, it wasn't for sale but the lady broke a chunk from one that was already opened for me to try it, dont have a ton of info on it, the wrapper was fully in chinese, it had the years 2008 and 2012 there iirc, maybe pressed in 2012 from 2008 maocha idk.
It tastes very fruity and sweet, low bitterness with good thickness, it doesn't taste aged, just more mellow so it's more likely that it is '12 material.

User avatar
Mar 14th, '17, 04:24
Posts: 457
Joined: Jul 17th, '14
Location: UK

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Rui » Mar 14th, '17, 04:24

Sipping a middle aged sheng today: 2003 Changtai Yi Change Hao Yiwu from Yunnan Sourcing :D

User avatar
Mar 14th, '17, 05:22
Vendor Member
Posts: 2928
Joined: Aug 28th, '12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Mar 14th, '17, 05:22

May 2003 Fenghuang Ripe Tuo. HK traditional storage! No fermentation or storage aromas from the tuo itself, and the tea is super clean and smooth. Camphor note like with raw Fenghuang, but lighter and smoother. Traditional storage ripe is often super smooth!

User avatar
Mar 14th, '17, 06:47
Posts: 474
Joined: Aug 19th, '15
Location: on the road

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Mar 14th, '17, 06:47

Sipping some 2014 Sen Zhi Kui Kokang. I have a soft spot for Burmese teas but this cake seems to move through a somewhat awkard phase. There wasn't much to write about when I got it last month and even though I took some samples, treated, stored and brewed them differently for the following weeks and get much better results now I feel there's something hidden in those leaves and they just need more time.

User avatar
Mar 14th, '17, 14:43
Vendor Member
Posts: 2928
Joined: Aug 28th, '12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Mar 14th, '17, 14:43

kuánglóng wrote: Sipping some 2014 Sen Zhi Kui Kokang. I have a soft spot for Burmese teas but this cake seems to move through a somewhat awkard phase. There wasn't much to write about when I got it last month and even though I took some samples, treated, stored and brewed them differently for the following weeks and get much better results now I feel there's something hidden in those leaves and they just need more time.
Ooh, I haven't seen that cake before. I think Kokang cakes will do very well here with some humidity. I think I'll get me a few at some point!

User avatar
Mar 15th, '17, 04:15
Posts: 457
Joined: Jul 17th, '14
Location: UK

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Rui » Mar 15th, '17, 04:15

Today I have gone back to a youngish tea: 2012 Yunnan Sourcing Autumn Yiwu purple tea :)

User avatar
Mar 16th, '17, 08:43
Posts: 474
Joined: Aug 19th, '15
Location: on the road

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Mar 16th, '17, 08:43

2013 Xiaguan T8653

Being a hopeless sucker for aged Xiaguans (preferably 15+ years) I bought two tongs of this stuff in order to age them, especially under the almost ideal conditions I have back home (once I get back there).
Amazingly thick, right from the get go, pretty strong with powerful kuwei, there's enough sweetness with some average XG signature smoke in the cup. The tea is surprisingly smooth already; the soup deep orange but still somewhat cloudy, there's lovely throatiness and huigan and the longest aftertaste of any of the 2012 Xiaguans in my stash. I don't get quite as much of a kick out of this than from most XG tuos from that year, especially the standard Jia Jis (or most raw Dayis) , not necessarily a bad thing, especially later during the day - most of the physical sensations are focused around the sternum and the sides of my eyes. One of my favorite aspects of this tea are sweet, almost perfumy notes of meadows and honey; during the first few rounds they only appear in the aroma and leng xiang but later during the session they show up in the flavor as well. I'm getting about 10 decent steeps out of 5g/80ml and am already thinking about getting a third tong.

User avatar
Mar 17th, '17, 05:05
Posts: 457
Joined: Jul 17th, '14
Location: UK

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Rui » Mar 17th, '17, 05:05

Sipping the 2016 Nan Nuo Shan sheng from Chawangshop.

Great aroma and apricot like taste. I might get another cake for storage as this one might not last long. :shock: :wink: :roll:

User avatar
Mar 20th, '17, 06:50
Posts: 457
Joined: Jul 17th, '14
Location: UK

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Rui » Mar 20th, '17, 06:50

Sipping 2016 Manzhuan from Chawangshop.

User avatar
Mar 20th, '17, 07:21
Posts: 474
Joined: Aug 19th, '15
Location: on the road

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Mar 20th, '17, 07:21

Enjoying some 2003 Bai Long JingGu Jia Ji from a high fired ~100ml clay pot that I picked up in Yunnan many years ago. I've tried all sorts of tea in this beautiful little pot but whatever I tried the results are closer to what I usually get from my silver pot than from any other clay pot - pretty strange.

User avatar
Mar 21st, '17, 13:56
Vendor Member
Posts: 2928
Joined: Aug 28th, '12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Mar 21st, '17, 13:56

Drank some 2002 CNNP 7532 last night (HK traditional storage). Really lovely. There was a note of camphor to this tea when I first bought the bing, but that dissipated considerably. Really smooth, sweet and thick mouthfeel. Amazing how different it is from 7542 and 8582--I really like this tea, and the storage was excellent. Letting it rest in my office for a few months has really helped the tea come into its own. Only a touch of bitterness, even when brewed strong. Reminds me of a good shu, but you can tell it isn't shu pu. This is what shu tries to be (and it gets somewhat close)! Would make a great daily drinker IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3ca5BlnDP/

Mar 21st, '17, 21:09
Posts: 426
Joined: Feb 17th, '13

Re: Official Pu of the day

by mr mopu » Mar 21st, '17, 21:09

jayinhk wrote: Drank some 2002 CNNP 7532 last night (HK traditional storage). Really lovely. There was a note of camphor to this tea when I first bought the bing, but that dissipated considerably. Really smooth, sweet and thick mouthfeel. Amazing how different it is from 7542 and 8582--I really like this tea, and the storage was excellent. Letting it rest in my office for a few months has really helped the tea come into its own. Only a touch of bitterness, even when brewed strong. Reminds me of a good shu, but you can tell it isn't shu pu. This is what shu tries to be (and it gets somewhat close)! Would make a great daily drinker IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3ca5BlnDP/
I like the 7532's better as well.

User avatar
Mar 21st, '17, 23:42
Vendor Member
Posts: 2928
Joined: Aug 28th, '12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Mar 21st, '17, 23:42

mr mopu wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Drank some 2002 CNNP 7532 last night (HK traditional storage). Really lovely. There was a note of camphor to this tea when I first bought the bing, but that dissipated considerably. Really smooth, sweet and thick mouthfeel. Amazing how different it is from 7542 and 8582--I really like this tea, and the storage was excellent. Letting it rest in my office for a few months has really helped the tea come into its own. Only a touch of bitterness, even when brewed strong. Reminds me of a good shu, but you can tell it isn't shu pu. This is what shu tries to be (and it gets somewhat close)! Would make a great daily drinker IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR3ca5BlnDP/
I like the 7532's better as well.
I quite like them all! I think I may actually prefer 8582.

User avatar
Mar 22nd, '17, 06:21
Posts: 474
Joined: Aug 19th, '15
Location: on the road

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Mar 22nd, '17, 06:21

Sipping some 2010 Golden Needle White Lotus right now but I actually prefer 8592's and some XG ripes, like the Xiao Fa's over this IMO overrated and overpriced stuff and most other Dayi shus - YMMV.

Mar 23rd, '17, 20:23
Posts: 21
Joined: Jan 2nd, '17
Location: Lisbon- Portugal

Re: Official Pu of the day

by gatmcm » Mar 23rd, '17, 20:23

Drank some shu from burma today, the 2016 version of this:
https://www.terre-des-thes.fr/boutique/daye-myanmar/

It's surprisingly good, so far Ive had bad experiences with loose leaf shus, especially this young, but this one was incredibly clean start to finish, even drank the rinse, it had no wudui to speak of, very nice quality.
Attachments
shu.jpg
Huge leaf
shu.jpg (84.17 KiB) Viewed 252 times

+ Post Reply