HK Layover

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 27th, '17, 18:56

HK Layover

by tst » Mar 27th, '17, 18:56

(crosspost from Oolong Thread)

Hi gang,

I am going to the Philippines for about 2 weeks in early May. Booking my flight now and see Cathay Air has a ~21 hr layover in HK. Any possibility of getting some tea shopping in during with that much time? Also, any tips or personal experience with getting the tea back home?

I would even look into stopping in KL in Malaysia if that might be a better pit stop.
Thanks.

Mar 27th, '17, 22:29
Vendor Member

Re: HK Layover

by ethan » Mar 27th, '17, 22:29

21 hours includes business hours no matter when the hours start; so, I imagine you could easily go shopping for tea in HK.

If it were me, I would contact Jay (jayinhk) in hope of meeting for a tea session for enjoyment & purchasing. Jay has a good palate & works hard to find the better & best teas available. (Bring $ because if a tea is really good, a fairly high price won't deter him. When he & I were together in Taiwan, we found some great teas & I was willing to let go of the cash more freely than when I am on my own.) Sending you PM

Mar 27th, '17, 23:33
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Mar 27th, '17, 23:33

Even if you aren't buying from me, you might be able to come by for a tea session if you do choose to transit in Hong Kong! I can see the airport from my living room window :lol: and can arrange a $6 cab ride back to the airport for you!

Mar 28th, '17, 14:51
Vendor Member

by ethan » Mar 28th, '17, 14:51

You might want your tea-buying layover scheduled for your return. Duterte's nastiness tea might be a suspicious item to carrying, leading to delays & even worse at the airport.

+ Post Reply