Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 15th, '17, 20:51

Re: Official Pu of the day

by mr mopu » Jun 15th, '17, 20:51

2017 Rock Rhyme Lincang Bangdong by gylxtea
Starting this out with an 8 gram sample. The dry leaf has a nice sweet aroma to it.
Using the duanni clay pot. I warmed the pot and poured the water out and tossed in the leaves. Aroma get sweeter in the steam.
Flash rinse and the aroma intensifies with more of the sweet aroma with some honey in there. First steep very quick into the cup. The teas seems well processed as there wasn’t much char in the filter. First sips, sweet , floral , honey in there some mineral and some middle tongue notes.
Second steep, tea gets much thicker and active. Still the underlying sweetness. The bitter has crept in which means shorter steeps as I continue.
I paused a few minutes to soak in. Aftertaste is pretty nice on this one.
Third steep, still strength in this one. Sweet and bitter mixing in. A little of the mineral slips back in as well. Still clean in the filter and the leaf is slowly starting to unfurl.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Honey, Mineral, Sweet, Thick

Jun 16th, '17, 06:11

by Rui » Jun 16th, '17, 06:11

Spring 2008 Ku Zhu Shan sample bought from from FrmerLeaf in Jingmai.

Another sweet raw pu'er released this year although this one is now 9 years old and produces an orange liquor.

Jun 16th, '17, 16:09

by kuánglóng » Jun 16th, '17, 16:09

2007 Lincang Yin Hao (GuangDong storage)

Decent, rather dynamic and enjoyable factory stuff that mid-way through the session has a bit in common with a fruity Assam.

Jun 17th, '17, 17:08

by stevorama » Jun 17th, '17, 17:08

2014 Chawangpu Jing Mai Gu Shu Huang Pian. Highlights are thickness, smoothness, longevity, balanced astringency and bitterness. Not much dynamics, but very pleasant.

2015 Bulang Sheng pu-erh mini cake. From Bana. First 2-3 steeps were great. Brewed thin after that. Jittery feelings. Perhaps it was my brewing.

Jun 17th, '17, 22:23
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '17, 22:23

1996 CNNP sheng brick...HK dry storage. Damn nice tea! Black tea and citrus notes, along with a little wild-tasting terroir, and lovely huigan. Still light bitterness after 21 years of storage, but certainly not too much--this stuff would've been a bitter bomb early on! I really like this tea and I'm glad I listened to the vendor's suggestion as this tea is really excellent for the price.

Jun 20th, '17, 08:04

by Rui » Jun 20th, '17, 08:04

2002 Shuangjiang Mengku Hao. Very nice and mellow tea but still with some lightish bitterness even though it is now 15 years old.

A very drinkable and enjoyable tea nonetheless.

Jun 20th, '17, 22:39

by stevorama » Jun 20th, '17, 22:39

2003-2005 HongTaiChang Shu Puer. Not sure if this is a "true" puer, but very similar anyway. Always enjoyable.

1996 Nan Jian Feng Huang Jia Ji Sheng Puer. Very enjoyable in many regards, short perhaps on durability and viscosity.

Jun 21st, '17, 05:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Jun 21st, '17, 05:57

Just finished having some wild DXS from 2012. I have many wild DXS from different years; the flavor is typically fruity/woody with just a light hint of flowers .. if I close my eyes, it somehow reminds me of pineapples .. :shock: :lol:

Jun 21st, '17, 09:14

by kuánglóng » Jun 21st, '17, 09:14

William wrote: Just finished having some wild DXS from 2012. I have many wild DXS from different years; the flavor is typically fruity/woody with just a light hint of flowers .. if I close my eyes, it somehow reminds me of pineapples .. :shock: :lol:
Yongde or Mengku? (Wild DXS are among my favorite shengs)

Jun 21st, '17, 09:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Jun 21st, '17, 09:42

kuánglóng wrote:
William wrote: Just finished having some wild DXS from 2012. I have many wild DXS from different years; the flavor is typically fruity/woody with just a light hint of flowers .. if I close my eyes, it somehow reminds me of pineapples .. :shock: :lol:
Yongde or Mengku? (Wild DXS are among my favorite shengs)
I mainly have access to material from YongDe and LinCang. The stamina of this tea is really something! :shock:

Jun 21st, '17, 12:18

by kuánglóng » Jun 21st, '17, 12:18

William wrote: I mainly have access to material from YongDe and LinCang. The stamina of this tea is really something! :shock:
Enjoy! :D

Jun 22nd, '17, 04:50

by kuánglóng » Jun 22nd, '17, 04:50

2006 XG Bao Yan (HK dry storage)

Don't know how this stuff found its way into a HK warehouse but at least it hasn't been composted beyond recognition, just enough to mellow it out somewhat and to add a bit of extra depth and some generic dry storage touch.
Taste wise it's well balanced, there's some good bitterness and a bit of astringency left, medium-dark sweetness, wood and medicinal notes, a wee bit of leftover smokiness and some buttery vanilla.
The liquor is a bit on the thin side but pretty reddish already, there's strong calming qi, good stamina and decent aftertaste. More importantly still, a few cups of this tea leave a sense of satisfaction that I don't get from too many other teas out there.

Jun 22nd, '17, 08:48
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 22nd, '17, 08:48

Bought in Yinge, Taiwan, loose Puerh supposedly 50 years old and organic. Does not offer many different flavors but takes care of my need (once or twice a month) for body and power in tea that I drink. Quickly gives satisfaction and qi that does not last a long time and smooth, earthy flavor that somehow does not get boring through a lot of infusions.

Jun 22nd, '17, 10:27

by Rui » Jun 22nd, '17, 10:27

ethan wrote: Bought in Yinge, Taiwan, loose Puerh supposedly 50 years old and organic. Does not offer many different flavors but takes care of my need (once or twice a month) for body and power in tea that I drink. Quickly gives satisfaction and qi that does not last a long time and smooth, earthy flavor that somehow does not get boring through a lot of infusions.
I can only imagine what that one is like. Only once did I sip a 1970's loose pu'er and it was just divine.

Jun 22nd, '17, 11:31
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 22nd, '17, 11:31

Rui wrote:
ethan wrote: Bought in Yinge, Taiwan, loose Puerh supposedly 50 years old and organic.
I can only imagine what that one is like. Only once did I sip a 1970's loose pu'er and it was just divine.
This is not divine. I like how the earthiness is quite present though smooth and that I can enjoy drinking a lot of it, but it is not delicious, just tasty enough and satisfying. I was told it was half a century old but am suspicious of that because that age came up at 2 different shops at Yinge for puerh and once for oolong at Sun Moon Lake. I wonder if "more than 50 years old" is the prefered phrase for lying about teas' ages by those who are happy to lie. The shop specializing in aged oolong did not have tea that was 20, 30, or 40 years old; only 50 years old or fresh tea.

+ Post Reply