Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 21st, '17, 12:20
Vendor Member

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Jul 21st, '17, 12:20

kuánglóng wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Which specific tuo is it, and which year?
It's the one below but with a different production date (2009) and pretty heavy humid storage. I had to air the tuos out for a couple months.
https://www.chawangshop.com/2010-zao-ch ... o-cha.html

I bought a couple of those tuos from Honza and a guy from Shanghai as well and while they're pretty nice they don't have the complexity of those humid stored tuos. Last night I could smell distinct, citrusy and perfumey notes of bergamot (of all aromas), something I haven't noticed in any sheng so far.

BTW, I have some 2008 XG Happy and other XG tuos with what seems like the same heavy storage from the same friend and they're pretty amazing as well, especially when compared to the same stuff (same date stamp) with drier storage.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find some of those Liming tuos!

Jul 27th, '17, 14:31

by theredbaron » Jul 27th, '17, 14:31

I just broke up the first cake of 2003 CNNP "Yi Wu High Mountain Wild Arbor" ( https://yunnansourcing.com/products/200 ... 1314080966 ), which i bought around ten years ago from Yunnansourcing. I stored it since then in Thailand, and now for about a year in Germany. The hot and at times humid storage aged and matured the cake very well, most of the smokiness is gone by now, and it turned into a lovely tea. Fortunately i bought several cakes of it.

Jul 27th, '17, 19:22

by kuánglóng » Jul 27th, '17, 19:22

Just some good ol' 8592 before I hit the straw. Nothing special, but I really dig the deep throatiness and the slightly sweet dark bread ('pumpernickel') character of this shu.

Jul 29th, '17, 16:56

by stevorama » Jul 29th, '17, 16:56

Drank some enjoyable teas this week. Exploring the dark side, my favorite!

2001 Hong Kong Stored CNNP 7572 shou, TealifeHK
2000 Kai Yuan Purple Stamp sheng, EOT
2004 Dehong Raw Brick sheng, CWS
2004 Yuen Neun Hong Tai Chang sheng, Tea-side

Jul 29th, '17, 18:20

by kuánglóng » Jul 29th, '17, 18:20

Finishing the day with some rather dry aged 2010 XG Xiao Fa. This still has some remarkable wodui on it after 7 years, a pretty solid base, almost like the 8592 I've mentioned a few days ago; OTOH it's less sweet with some nice fruity, almost cherry like notes that come out in later steeps. Some bourbon vanilla like flavors keep it all glued together, like the reverb on a EDM track but some odd notes of what could be damp cardboard and old celluloid stick out here and there. Not exactly the most balanced or complex shu in town, but I like it for what it is, especially during these oingoing bad weather periods.

Aug 2nd, '17, 04:52

by Rui » Aug 2nd, '17, 04:52

Enjoying 2017 Hai Lang Hao "Chu Jian" Gua Feng Zhai sheng from Yunnan Sourcing at the moment.

The 2014 version is on its way to me. It should be quite interesting to compare both teas side by side.

Aug 4th, '17, 14:30

by kuánglóng » Aug 4th, '17, 14:30

2010 Dayi Pu Zhi Wei

Pretty smooth, a bit fruity, slightly sweet and creamy, not bad at all.

Aug 4th, '17, 14:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Aug 4th, '17, 14:32

kuánglóng wrote: 2010 Dayi Pu Zhi Wei

I have this Dayi somewhere at home. I think its time to give it a try!

Aug 5th, '17, 00:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 5th, '17, 00:16

William wrote:
kuánglóng wrote: 2010 Dayi Pu Zhi Wei

I have this Dayi somewhere at home. I think its time to give it a try!
Lao cha tou from a tea store in Kunming! This stuff was well aged and nice to drink last year. It's mellowed and smoothened out in dry storage and even had some almond flavor in the first 3 infusions before the date flavor came back. Date flavor is less intense now but more balanced! I think I bought 200g. Some in a plastic bag and the rest in a ceramic ginger jar with a loose lid. Looking forward to seeing how this tea develops!

Aug 7th, '17, 02:55

by Rui » Aug 7th, '17, 02:55

2006 Mengku Wild Arbor King brick from Yunnan Sourcing

Aug 7th, '17, 04:32

by kuánglóng » Aug 7th, '17, 04:32

Rui wrote: 2006 Mengku Wild Arbor King brick from Yunnan Sourcing
How do you like it Rui? I really have a soft spot for this tea but it doesn't seem to age that well in Kunming, especially the brick version (surprise :lol: ).

Aug 7th, '17, 07:58

by Rui » Aug 7th, '17, 07:58

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote: 2006 Mengku Wild Arbor King brick from Yunnan Sourcing
How do you like it Rui? I really have a soft spot for this tea but it doesn't seem to age that well in Kunming, especially the brick version (surprise :lol: ).
It is quite yummy but if one adds a bit too many leaves it can still get somewhat bitter. That happened to me yesterday when sipping it gong fu but drinking it grandfather's way it seems to cope quite well. It is a great value for money and for me a great alternative to my usual Yiwu and Jingmai teas.

The rest of the brick, 95% of it, is now in a humidifier with 75% humidity patches.

Sometime ago I tried a 2013 cake of the same variety and it was far too active for me to enjoy so it has been in the same humidor for over a year and a half to tame it.

Aug 8th, '17, 11:32

by fdrx » Aug 8th, '17, 11:32

After 4-5 years in an unopened terracotta jar, and in a rather cold and dry place, i'm having a grandpa session with a small chuck of chenshenghao LBZ 2010

The aromas from the glass are voodooing me, i will spend the day smelling this "leather and santal wood vinager". The soup is pure and as expected, the length persists as long as a good expresso would do. The mouth gets oily after a while. Qi is obvious and makes me pretty euphoric but i am not focused on that.

This is a delicate drink, with lots of vanilla and some nice bitterness: as expected it has not aged that much compared to the two other bricks i kept with me, but at least it hasn't become weak or anything like that.

LBZ or not, great or not, to me this is the kind of leaves that can make someone fall in love with puerh (depends on the chunk you pick though...), just like these zhi zheng cakes did on me at the time.

Aug 8th, '17, 12:25

by shah82 » Aug 8th, '17, 12:25

Long time no see!

Eh...a favor? All of the maps of puerh regions are gone from link rot, can you send me your originals?

Thanks for the CSH review, not too many reviews of these LBZs in the west.

Aug 8th, '17, 14:03

by fdrx » Aug 8th, '17, 14:03

shah82 wrote: Long time no see!

Eh...a favor? All of the maps of puerh regions are gone from link rot, can you send me your originals?

Thanks for the CSH review, not too many reviews of these LBZs in the west.
hey shah! thank you
Yes, sure i will send you all the data i have, but currently my hard drives are crossing the ocean since i just moved back, so it might take a couple month to get there, i will check if i have a backup or something though but i'm not sure

+ Post Reply