Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 25th, '17, 22:55
Vendor Member

Re: Official Pu of the day

by jayinhk » Sep 25th, '17, 22:55

Drinking a 2004 Dayi 7542--HK dry storage. This is a cake from a dealer who specializes in traditional storage. The family's tea isn't labeled; you have to interact with them to figure out what they have and she surprised me several months ago by offering me a dry storage cake that smelled like her traditional storage. I eventually bought some and found the cake and the storage to be much cleaner than I expected.

I'm revisiting the cake after several months and it tastes even cleaner than before with citrus/black tea notes my own storage would eke out of 7542. This is really a lovely tea and couldn't be more perfect to wake up to today!

I just added this tea to the site if anyone would like to try it. :)

Sep 28th, '17, 05:21

by Rui » Sep 28th, '17, 05:21

At the moment I am sipping Spring 2014 Pa Sai from Farmerleaf. A very pleasant and sweetish sheng for those who no longer look for heavy bitterness in their shengs.

Oct 15th, '17, 13:16
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 15th, '17, 13:16

Drinking aged cha tou from a dealer in Kunming! Cha tou are compressed nuggets of shou pu that form at the bottom of the pile during fermentation. I really love cha tou because they have great longevity and often develop very interesting warm and sweet flavors with age. These cha tou have developed a freshly baked bread aroma in the last year of storage here in Hong Kong, as well as an unexpected natural almond character that I really like! The tea is perhaps less sweet smelling than it was when first purchased, but there is still a lot of sweetness there, along with the baked bread and almonds!
I started this tea last night, drank several infusions today, and I think the leaves have enough oomph to get me through tomorrow as well!

+ Post Reply