Xuan Yuan Hao (軒轅號) 2017

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 19th, '17, 12:31

Xuan Yuan Hao (軒轅號) 2017

by apache » Nov 19th, '17, 12:31

And finally, someone wrote something about this and guess who?

Not in English, but you could use Google Translate.

軒轅號

No prize for correct guess! :wink:

Nov 21st, '17, 12:06

Re: Xuan Yuan Hao (軒轅號) 2017

by cloudstea » Nov 21st, '17, 12:06

Cloud has not been logging in here for many years.

Just out of curiosity, Cloud searches the article Xuanyuan Hao and find this topic.

Coming in here and just to say Hi.

However, the Google translation is funny.
The translation is about 50% correct.

Is this article important in English?

Cloud (HK)

Nov 24th, '17, 08:31

by mr mopu » Nov 24th, '17, 08:31

cloudstea wrote: Cloud has not been logging in here for many years.

Just out of curiosity, Cloud searches the article Xuanyuan Hao and find this topic.

Coming in here and just to say Hi.

However, the Google translation is funny.
The translation is about 50% correct.

Is this article important in English?

Cloud (HK)
Hello Cloud. A translation would be very nice if you did it sir.

Nov 24th, '17, 09:03

by Senlin » Nov 24th, '17, 09:03

cloudstea wrote: Is this article important in English?

Cloud (HK)
Hi Cloud,

I'm studying teas for years now, as a tea scholar. The many cultural aspects of tea (tea ceremonies, tea celebrations, tea operas, tea arts,...) are fascinating, but 95% of the academic literature about them is in Chinese, and hardly accessible for people who haven't study this language.
As a post-graduated student, I would be thrilled to study this amazing richness. I have began to learn Chinese, but it takes a lot of time for someone conducting his academic career at the same time.

So, to answer your question, YES, your article is important in English! Any serious academic literature concerning tea IS important in English! For it is - unfortunately - still the best way to communicate knowledge around the world, and make others discovering this wonderful culture.

Senlin

Dec 16th, '17, 16:32

by bagua7 » Dec 16th, '17, 16:32

More than a culture —-> wisest and longest living “civilisation” despite the CR drawback.

It would be lovely to have an English translation, thanks!

Jan 6th, '18, 17:51

by thatonebrew » Jan 6th, '18, 17:51

Senlin wrote:
cloudstea wrote: Is this article important in English?

Cloud (HK)
Hi Cloud,

I'm studying teas for years now, as a tea scholar. The many cultural aspects of tea (tea ceremonies, tea celebrations, tea operas, tea arts,...) are fascinating, but 95% of the academic literature about them is in Chinese, and hardly accessible for people who haven't study this language.
As a post-graduated student, I would be thrilled to study this amazing richness. I have began to learn Chinese, but it takes a lot of time for someone conducting his academic career at the same time.

So, to answer your question, YES, your article is important in English! Any serious academic literature concerning tea IS important in English! For it is - unfortunately - still the best way to communicate knowledge around the world, and make others discovering this wonderful culture.

Senlin
I understand you so well! I have been trying to tackle this issue as well. I am billingual in Mandarin in English and have been working to translate a chinese tea book into english for the past half a year . Still working out the administrative details at the moment but things seem promising!

@Cloudstea if you would like, I would be happy to post a translation of that page in English for you for free (: Just let me know. Always happy to help but I don't want to run into any copyright issues as well.

+ Post Reply