Online Pu'erh tea shops

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 5th, '21, 13:10

Online Pu'erh tea shops

by MrKimbo » Jul 5th, '21, 13:10

Hello ,
I am pretty new to pu'erh , i just ordered my first batch of shen pu'erh cakes and balls from ali express i specific looked for cakes with sq symbol and iso certf, all under 20 eur.And with alot of positive feedback. But i readed on forums that most of tea's are not legitimate on ali express ...they are pretty sheap to for a 375g ,2003 cake with certf and from the famous mountains and stuff for only 15 eur...else where from EU shops they sell for like over 100 euros . im looking for a legit seller that works with the factorys and sells them directly from china for good prices or are there no cheap prices if you want legit long aged cakes from the famous mountains and trees?where do you guys buy your tea's from? On other forums they recommend shops like white2tea.com and others but they are so expensive . I work full time and i got the money to buy it but it hurts my wallet i am saving for a house and my first child that is coming up :cry: ,so i am desperatly searching for a legit seller that sells them a little cheaper... Any recommendations? Much apriciated guys! Thanks in advance

Ps: i understand that most of them sell them for high prices beceause of the long ageing and labor ,i respect that .

Jul 11th, '21, 11:19

Re: Online Pu'erh tea shops

by ShadowCaster » Jul 11th, '21, 11:19

I would recommend searching the tea chat archives and you will find a lot of information about this topic.

I would start with yunnansourcing.com. They will have tea in all price ranges. Good luck.

Jul 15th, '21, 01:36

by bagua7 » Jul 15th, '21, 01:36

I'm afraid you can't take shortcuts here.

Cheap tea = :cry:

Expensive tea = quality = :D

Put some money aside for tea and when you can afford it purchase decent stuff.

Further and detailed info here:

https://teadb.org/puerh-vendor-guide/

Good luck!

*Note: beware of fakes too notably in auction sites like eBay, Taobao and Aliexpress.

Jul 15th, '21, 22:02

by nickjonnes » Jul 15th, '21, 22:02

bagua7 wrote: I'm afraid you can't take shortcuts here.

Cheap tea = :cry:

Expensive tea = quality = :D

Put some money aside for tea and when you can afford it purchase decent stuff.

Further and detailed info here:

https://teadb.org/puerh-vendor-guide/

Good luck!

*Note: beware of fakes too notably in auction sites like eBay, Taobao and Aliexpress.
Highly recommend the above link,

It is really hard to find good puerh online as a lot of it gets relabbled and to be honest a huge amount of the best stuff is already purchase before it is harvest in China so the overseas market just don't see it. I have bought some stuff from Mei Leaf (Check out their YouTube Channel) and it was really good and a good price for the level of quality.

Jul 23rd, '21, 07:23

by 12Tea » Jul 23rd, '21, 07:23

If you're based in the EU, then you definitely should take a look at Puerhtea.eu
Because their warehouse is based in the EU, you don't need to import handling fees and VAT when you receive the parcel.

In the past, vendors in China simply declared a low parcel value so you don't need to pay any import fees, but since July 1st, all shipments (including ones with declared value below 22 euro), will be subject to fees. The VAT% is given in your country, but the handling fees might surprise you. You don't need to pay such fees when you order from a vendor inside the EU.

+ Post Reply