The Art of Tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 27th, '09, 13:23

The Art of Tea

by tacobell » Jul 27th, '09, 13:23

First off I would like to thank the moderators for re-instating my account after the upgrade on the site. Sounds like it was a huge headache, yet they were very patient with my urgent and incessant requests.

Does anybody here read The Art of Tea? I just picked up my first issue, which was Issue #1 from 2006. Beautiful magazine and some nice information. English is the second language here, so the writing and information comes haltingly but the writing has a nice, conversational feel.

Who reads it regularly? If you do, does the current issue arrive in a timely enough fashion to have an influence in your purchase selection?

Jul 27th, '09, 13:24

Re: The Art of Tea

by shogun89 » Jul 27th, '09, 13:24

I only have the first and second issue, I love them but they are just so expensive. Take a look at this site for articles just as good but free.

http://the-leaf.org/

Jul 27th, '09, 13:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jul 27th, '09, 13:56

tacobell wrote: First off I would like to thank the moderators for re-instating my account after the upgrade on the site.
Hooray, the bearded one has returned! Image

I have the first four issues and have read parts of them. I find it quite a chore to read a lot of it and I have never found a single comment that has impacted any buying decisions. As Shogun says, they are expensive. I always swear I will never buy another, but I will probably buy #5 eventually too.

My buying decisons are enormously impacted by what I read in TeaChat, Badger and Blade's Sheng of the Day, and the declining number of forums devoted to pu.

For those TeaChat puerh enthusiasts who are not yet following Sheng of the Day (currently up to 2,166 posts with Hobbes' latest today), Ripe/Cooked Puerh of the Night, and maybe even OOTD - Oolong of the day, do yourselves a favor and START NOW. It's easy to join and you can subscribe to those threads for automatic updates. The puerh comments and opinions, especially by a small coteries of cognoscenti, are invaluable.

Jul 27th, '09, 16:16

by tacobell » Jul 27th, '09, 16:16

Salsero wrote:
tacobell wrote: For those TeaChat puerh enthusiasts who are not yet following Sheng of the Day (currently up to 2,166 posts with Hobbes' latest today), Ripe/Cooked Puerh of the Night, and maybe even OOTD - Oolong of the day, do yourselves a favor and START NOW. It's easy to join and you can subscribe to those threads for automatic updates. The puerh comments and opinions, especially by a small coteries of cognoscenti, are invaluable.

I second the reccomendation. Both of these forums have different "flavors"; one might even say differnt Qi's. Check into both daily.

Jul 27th, '09, 16:50

by shogun89 » Jul 27th, '09, 16:50

I finally gave in and made an account over a B&B. Is it me or is the pu section here at TeaChat dying? It seems much less active than this time last year, Is anyone buying 2009 puerh?

Jul 27th, '09, 17:31

by tacobell » Jul 27th, '09, 17:31

shogun89 wrote:I finally gave in and made an account over a B&B. Is it me or is the pu section here at TeaChat dying? It seems much less active than this time last year, Is anyone buying 2009 puerh?
Not dying at all. Tony Shlogoni, or whatever his name is, is out with a gimp let, I believe. Once he is back, the chatter will pick up. That man can talk/write. Here's to a quick and full recovery Tony!

By the way...what is your name over in B&B. I will look you up and try to convert you to double-edged/wet shaving :roll:

Jul 27th, '09, 19:01

by coloradopu » Jul 27th, '09, 19:01

OMG

not more chat i gata keep up with

i guess i will have to look into it but i think most of my posting will be here

now as fare as the topic at hand i have all 6 and hear 7 is out and i know were to get it but i must wait.

it was said that nothing has influenced a purchase yet .......... well i guess if you shop at wally world........ hahaha just joking but guys the amount of info and choices of pu in them rags is just stunning. i would say if you read them all and use the info in them the way it was meant for informed tea people then you will benefit. i now know more about oolong than Leroy who is the resident tea master. and butch has stooped stealing tea and is on the rags too.

so take it from Cpu get um get um all its worth it

+ Post Reply