What do you do with your "shake?"

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 7th, '09, 20:00

Re: What do you do with your "shake?"

by nonc_ron » Nov 7th, '09, 20:00

cha-fu wrote:
nonc_ron wrote:What flavors glue do they have? :)
The opening can be sealed with hot iron and no glue is required. Didn't taste any "added" flavor when I used in a thermos. :D
OK, Do they come in a larger size?
I to use a lot of tea bags, but mine look twice as long as yours (maybe family size) Every couple days I stuff four in a milk jug, fill it with water
and put in my refrigerator over night. (no heat)
I use a mix of Shake, Darjeeling and Assam and what ever else i have. The nice thing about icedtea is... the colder it is the less you can taste it. (it's a taste bud thing) I wouldn't dare make hot tea this way. :)

Nov 7th, '09, 21:13

by cha-fu » Nov 7th, '09, 21:13

nonc_ron wrote:OK, Do they come in a larger size?
I to use a lot of tea bags, but mine look twice as long as yours (maybe family size) Every couple days I stuff four in a milk jug, fill it with water
and put in my refrigerator over night. (no heat)
I use a mix of Shake, Darjeeling and Assam and what ever else i have. The nice thing about icedtea is... the colder it is the less you can taste it. (it's a taste bud thing) I wouldn't dare make hot tea this way. :)
Yes. Mine is 7cm x 7cm (or 2.75" x 2.75"). You can find 4" x 5" or 7" x 9" on ebay (by searching "heat seal tea bag").

I only put well aged Pu-Erh (15+ yr shu or 25+ yr sheng) in a Thermos. Definitely not young black tea in a hot Thermos. :wink: I have some well aged Dian Hong and no bitterness in a hot Thermos either. :D

Nov 7th, '09, 23:15

by aKnightWhoSaysNi » Nov 7th, '09, 23:15

I sell all of my fannings, dust, and whatever tea falls on the floor to lipton.

Nov 8th, '09, 12:32

by nonc_ron » Nov 8th, '09, 12:32

aKnightWhoSaysNi wrote:I sell all of my fannings, dust, and whatever tea falls on the floor to lipton.
+1 :lol:

+ Post Reply