Yunnan Sourcing Own Label Pu - Any Suggestions/Experiences?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 8th, '10, 07:17

Yunnan Sourcing Own Label Pu - Any Suggestions/Experiences?

by Erhu » Jun 8th, '10, 07:17

Anyone been trying these YS own label pressings?

I've tried some samples from Nadacha own label a while ago - and enjoyed, but have never dabbled in YS bings.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Cheers!

Jun 8th, '10, 10:09

Re: Yunnan Sourcing Own Label Pu - Any Suggestions/Experiences?

by Zpro » Jun 8th, '10, 10:09

I have tried the 2009 Yunnan Sourcing "Cha Tou Sheng Yun"

It was really, really impressive. Definetly the best pu i have had so far, earthy, stong hui gan, floral hints and a slightly sweet taste.

I definetly recommend that one.

I've also tried the 2009 Yunnan Sourcing "Yi Dian Hong" Ripe Mini tea cake of Menghai

Less amazing but definetly worth what i paid for it nonetheless. (4.20$!)

Zach

Jun 8th, '10, 10:16

by nonc_ron » Jun 8th, '10, 10:16

Erhu wrote:Anyone been trying these YS own label pressings?
Any recommendations or thoughts?
Cheers!
I've only bought one, mini tong "Yi Dian Hong Ripe Mini tea cake".
And now that you have me thinking about it, I'll make a pot of it for todays tea. I've tried a couple other samples and they were all quite good. :D

Jun 8th, '10, 12:08

by shah82 » Jun 8th, '10, 12:08

Wow, I just bought that sheng yun. Makes me feel happier. Wound up buying a whole bunch of different kinds of shu to sample so I'd know what I want later in any further purchase.

Jun 8th, '10, 13:04

by Maitre_Tea » Jun 8th, '10, 13:04

The sold-out Gua Feng Zhai was nice, alas I didn't act quicker in getting that...The Man Zhuan is nice too, but pricey for what it is. The Bu Lang is made from maocha that's been stored in Jinghong (which is more humid than say, Kunming) so it's got some smoothness going on there. Could be a good or bad thing, since the maocha probably wasn't stored in the most optimal of conditions. Heard good things about his Ban Zhang, but wasn't really thrilled by it.

Jun 8th, '10, 14:36

by shah82 » Jun 8th, '10, 14:36

Gua Feng Zhai is still available at Jas-eteas.

Jun 9th, '10, 11:23

by Erhu » Jun 9th, '10, 11:23

Thanks for the replies.

Cha Tou Sheng Yun sounds very interesting.

Sounds like some samples are needed - at least this lets me narrow it down to a few!
:)

Jun 9th, '10, 17:53

by nonc_ron » Jun 9th, '10, 17:53

2009 Yunnan Sourcing "Cha Tou Sheng Yun" Ripe Pu-erh

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Yunnan-Sourcin ... 4a9c160df4

Jun 10th, '10, 09:26

by Zpro » Jun 10th, '10, 09:26

If you do decide to buy from yunnan sourcing, which i think is a good idea, it's cheaper from http://www.yunnansourcing.com than the ebay store, and you get an added (estimated) 6% discount through these points you accumulate from buying off of the site. On top of that, the shipping is estimated instantly when you add things to your cart.

I posted a link to the cha tou i was speaking of in the second post on this page

Zach

P.S: I thought I would let Maitre_Tea and anyone who is interested know that this year's press of 2010 Yunnan Sourcing "Gua Feng Zhai" Raw Pu-erh tea of Yi Wu is available at yunnan sourcing now (250G for 30$us) as of this morning i believe.
Last edited by Zpro on Jun 10th, '10, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 10th, '10, 09:37

by shogun89 » Jun 10th, '10, 09:37

Zpro wrote:If you do decide to buy from yunnan sourcing, which i think is a good idea, it's cheaper from http://www.yunnansourcing.com than the ebay store, and you get an added (estimated) 6% discount through these points you accumulate from buying off of the site. On top of that, the shipping is estimated instantly when you add things to your cart.

I posted a link to the cha tou i was speaking of in the second post on this page

Zach

Its actually more expensive. When you order from ebay Scott discounts the price for you when you email him what you want. Usually this discounted price is more than the store discount of 10%. I just use the store to calc shipping then order on ebay.

Jun 10th, '10, 09:45

by Zpro » Jun 10th, '10, 09:45

wow really... I had no idea, sorry shogun89 and anybody who ordered following my tip. (I estimated the cumulative discount of his store http://www.yunnansourcing.com to be around 16% cheaper than the ebay store's posted prices, because there is also the voucher points you get with every purchase... i was wrong)

Zach

Jun 10th, '10, 23:21

by shogun89 » Jun 10th, '10, 23:21

No worries Zach, and you are partially correct. There are some items that are going to be cheaper on the web store even after the ebay discount is applied. I have just found that generally the prices are lower if bought on ebay. It really all depends on what you purchase. So for anyone making an order, simply use both methods and see what is cheaper than go with that :wink:

Jun 12th, '10, 00:38

by Serg » Jun 12th, '10, 00:38

+1 for Cha Tou Sheng Yun
I first tried it in samples and then bought a brick. This tea is a really interesting example of shu pu-erh. It seems that it didn't lose fermentation smell completely but this smell actually is very pleasant, not fishy or moldy. So the tea has very pronounced and lively aroma. Flavor is rich too. It lasts for many infusions and changes in the process.

+ Post Reply