Puerh Cake labeling

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 5th, '10, 20:42

Puerh Cake labeling

by tieguanyin » Jul 5th, '10, 20:42

Hello everyone,

I have puerh labeling/wrapper dilemna I need help with. Recently, I have bought some puerh cakes that have either completely blank/white labels or are part of a series with very similar wrappers (with very literal western writing on them). I am realizing that there are a number of vendor that sell small batch productions with such labels. In order to be able to keep these cakes organized and not get them mixed up, does anyone have suggestions for home-made labeling?

At first, I was thinking of using one of those office label-makers but I am worried that the glue used as the adhesive will negatively impact the cake or if not placed properly cause damage when repositioned on the wrapper. Ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D !

Have a good tea :mrgreen: !

TG

PS: if this topic has been addressed elsewhere on TC, a link to the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 5th, '10, 20:49

Re: Puerh Cake labeling

by debunix » Jul 5th, '10, 20:49

I slip a labelled index card or paper into the bag with my puerh, usually outside the wrapper. If I'm really on the ball for a full beeng, I print out the web page from the seller and put that with it for future reference.

Jul 6th, '10, 13:03

by shogun89 » Jul 6th, '10, 13:03

I would get a strip of white paper and write on it with pencil or pen (not marker) the tape over it onto the wrapper. if your really worried about smells, put the cake in a brown paper bag then label it. The bag will act as a buffer.

Jul 6th, '10, 19:25

by nonc_ron » Jul 6th, '10, 19:25

debunix wrote: If I'm really on the ball, I print out the web page from the seller and put that with it for future reference.
ImageHmm, Now thats a good idea. I'm almost tempted to get my printer fixed. Of course putting the info inside the bag would be a waste of time. Staple it to the outside. :D

Jul 7th, '10, 14:46

by tieguanyin » Jul 7th, '10, 14:46

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I like Debunix's suggestion. I may go with that! If I was more organized, I would try to have a binder with all the vendor tea description. Definitely a useful reference.

Happy Tea :mrgreen: !

TGY

+ Post Reply