The latest price of Red Mark, Blue Mark etc.

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 10th, '11, 11:05

The latest price of Red Mark, Blue Mark etc.

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 11:05

I think this might be useful as a reference.

x-rate: US$ 1 = HK$ 7.78; UK£ 1 = HK$ 12.4

80's Traditional Character 8653: HK$ 8-9K
70's Simplified Character: HK$ 15-18K
70's Small Yellow Mark: HK$ 35-38K
50's Blue Mark: HK$ 80K
50's Red Mark Iron Cake: HK$ 150K

Source: http://114.142.159.106/forum.php?mod=vi ... indexheats

Trader: Henry Trading Co., Ltd, Shop 1003, David House, 8-20 Nanjing Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong

The closest thing like any of these I ever tried is GYG from 60's.

Jul 10th, '11, 11:10

Re: The latest price of Red Mark, Blue Mark etc.

by auhckw » Jul 10th, '11, 11:10

Slaughter house

Jul 10th, '11, 11:17

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 11:17

auhckw wrote:Slaughter house
I wouldn't say that, let me know if you can find genuine cakes with similar quality but selling for significantly lower prices.

Genuine antique tea never cheap, but I'm not trying to say it is worth their price.

Jul 10th, '11, 11:25

by shah82 » Jul 10th, '11, 11:25

/me whips out calculator...

/me looks up...

hey, you know? Guang is selling that sample of Red Mark for about 64% of the going price. Hmmm....only 50g available...

Jul 10th, '11, 11:28

by auhckw » Jul 10th, '11, 11:28

>70's Small Yellow Mark: HK$ 35-38K

here we can get at about MYR 10k to 11k (HK$ 26k to HK$ 28.5k)

Jul 10th, '11, 11:37

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 11:37

It's become complicated when you factor into storage conditions, I been told no two cakes are similar even from the same storage, also, how trust worthy of the trader.

I stay with what I feel comfortable with as well as I can afford, only playing with cakes no more than 10 years old.

Jul 10th, '11, 11:42

by auhckw » Jul 10th, '11, 11:42

apache wrote:It's become complicated when you factor into storage conditions, I been told no two cakes are similar even from the same storage, also, how trust worthy of the trader.

I stay with what I feel comfortable with as well as I can afford, only playing with cakes no more than 10 years old.
I was told... Tea of such age... Years of storing... will have a difference if it is kept on top of the shelf, bottom of the shelf, how far away it is from the wall... even if it is in the same storage room.

Though I hope one day I could enjoy such luxury, but I doubt even though if I can, I will be spending such money on tea.

Jul 10th, '11, 11:49

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 11:49

auhckw wrote:
apache wrote:It's become complicated when you factor into storage conditions, I been told no two cakes are similar even from the same storage, also, how trust worthy of the trader.

I was told... Tea of such age... Years of storing... will have a difference if it is kept on top of the shelf, bottom of the shelf, how far away it is from the wall... even if it is in the same storage room.

Though I hope one day I could enjoy such luxury, but I doubt even though if I can, I will be spending such money on tea.
One can always buy small amount to sample.

Jul 10th, '11, 15:27
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jul 10th, '11, 15:27

I was lucky enough to be able to drink tea at this shop and bought a mid 90's cake for about $150 US. Like many other things, where there is sufficent demand, prices are high. Those cakes are prestigious, so they have a premium above their tea value. Other tea might be just as "good" (whatever good is), but does not have the cache, or price.

my cake

Jul 10th, '11, 15:45

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 15:45

TomVerlain wrote:I was lucky enough to be able to drink tea at this shop and bought a mid 90's cake for about $150 US. Like many other things, where there is sufficent demand, prices are high. Those cakes are prestigious, so they have a premium above their tea value. Other tea might be just as "good" (whatever good is), but does not have the cache, or price.

my cake
You were in Henry Trading Co? What was it like shopping there?

Jul 10th, '11, 16:08
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jul 10th, '11, 16:08

Very nice, the shop is in an office building and you can make an appointment to meet there. They have lots of tea out, which is exposed to light (not so good), but still an incredible inventory. The scent of a roomfull of aged puerh is intoxicating. I met their son, Henry, who speaks good english and was very friendly. We tried several types of tea, and narrowing down to where my price point was, I bought a cake. Not a bargain shop, but certainly quality tea at a reasonable price.

Jul 10th, '11, 17:36

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 17:36

TomVerlain wrote:... The scent of a roomfull of aged puerh is intoxicating. ...
Mmmmm, wish my collection smells like this.

I have to visit there when I'm in HK next time.

On the forum from which I got the prices of those teas, people refer to Henry Trading Co. as "The Boxing Club" and they derived a set of (some of them quite funny) Cantonese terminologies http://hkteaforum.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=801. They call the owner of Henry Trading Co. Professor, as he is very knowledgeable about puerh tea and his son as assistant professor. Why they call it Boxing Club? They describe the selling technique and recommendation of the owner as Kung Fu fighting, and when he recommended something you like, you are like being hit by his fist and suffer damage, well, in this case financial rather than physical damage. :mrgreen:

Jul 10th, '11, 20:40

by apache » Jul 10th, '11, 20:40

Just find another price for Red Mark from HLH dealer on TB http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9433609416.

There is big different between Henry's and here. I wonder is this one pure dry storage so demanding such a price. They didn't say which year or storage condition on the site.

I looked at their other HLH cakes, prices are very similar to Scott's. Scott has just increased the HLH 2008 LBZ & Man'E to $92! As Scott stocks most of the same teas on this site, I wonder would he one day stock the Red Mark, Blue Mark ... as well? :mrgreen:

Look like Houde is the best deal if one want to experience the Red Mark, and I'm contented with my EoT cakes and HLH LBZ & Man'E.

Jul 10th, '11, 21:40
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jul 10th, '11, 21:40

apache wrote:Just find another price for Red Mark from HLH dealer on TB http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9433609416.

There is big different between Henry's and here. I wonder is this one pure dry storage so demanding such a price. They didn't say which year or storage condition on the site.

I looked at their other HLH cakes, prices are very similar to Scott's. Scott has just increased the HLH 2008 LBZ & Man'E to $92! As Scott stocks most of the same teas on this site, I wonder would he one day stock the Red Mark, Blue Mark ... as well? :mrgreen:

Look like Houde is the best deal if one want to experience the Red Mark, and I'm contented with my EoT cakes and HLH LBZ & Man'E.
As from my knowledge and experences with real 50s red label. There is no dry storage :roll:

Jul 10th, '11, 21:51

by tieguanyin » Jul 10th, '11, 21:51

apache wrote:Just find another price for Red Mark from HLH dealer on TB http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9433609416.

For those of us living in North America, this place carries it. Price is in canuck dollars. I wonder if Paypal allows for $20K+ transactions go through over its network. Might as well take a home equity loan out to afford this one...

+ Post Reply