My mind has exploded

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


User avatar
Nov 22nd, '11, 14:46
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 24th, '11, 16:37
Location: The Forest, Yukon.

My mind has exploded

by Firemoss » Nov 22nd, '11, 14:46

I had the Xingyang Golden Leaf Shu from Verdant Tea last night. :shock:

I took a trip through memory lane on the winged-tea leaves of cedar, caramel, chocolate malt, wet wood, damp earth, old man's beard moss, shoreline, and misty coastal forests. I recalled memories I didn't know existed and so did my husband. What a trip. Will have to go back...but not for a while; It was *that* good.

I'm pretty much a pu-noob, but still...I'm thinking one would have to be sense-less not to be somehow emotionally affected by this tea. :lol:

Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious to hear the experiences of others.
(And got any recommendations, considering I liked this one so much...?)

User avatar
Nov 22nd, '11, 16:49
Vendor Member
Posts: 2009
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 15:07
Location: NYC
Contact: TIM

Re: My mind has exploded

by TIM » Nov 22nd, '11, 16:49

Firemoss wrote:I had the Xingyang Golden Leaf Shu from Verdant Tea last night. :shock:

I took a trip through memory lane on the winged-tea leaves of cedar, caramel, chocolate malt, wet wood, damp earth, old man's beard moss, shoreline, and misty coastal forests. I recalled memories I didn't know existed and so did my husband. What a trip. Will have to go back...but not for a while; It was *that* good.

I'm pretty much a pu-noob, but still...I'm thinking one would have to be sense-less not to be somehow emotionally affected by this tea. :lol:

Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious to hear the experiences of others.
(And got any recommendations, considering I liked this one so much...?)
Welcome to the other side :lol:

User avatar
Nov 22nd, '11, 17:25
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 24th, '11, 16:37
Location: The Forest, Yukon.

Re: My mind has exploded

by Firemoss » Nov 22nd, '11, 17:25

:lol: 8)
Whyyyyyyyyy, thank you. :D
So the grass *is* greener, eh? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Nov 22nd, '11, 18:23
Posts: 21651
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: My mind has exploded

by Chip » Nov 22nd, '11, 18:23

Firemoss wrote::lol: 8)
Whyyyyyyyyy, thank you. :D
So the grass *is* greener, eh? :mrgreen:
I do not see anything resembling greener grass over here! :wink: :mrgreen: 8)

User avatar
Nov 23rd, '11, 18:17
Posts: 764
Joined: May 2nd, '10, 02:03
Location: Shaker Heights, Ohio USA

Re: My mind has exploded

by BioHorn » Nov 23rd, '11, 18:17

Hello Firemoss. Thanks for sharing your 'wow' moment. Welcome to the "other side."

User avatar
Nov 24th, '11, 06:01
Posts: 1945
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 11:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact: hop_goblin

Re: My mind has exploded

by hop_goblin » Nov 24th, '11, 06:01

Wonderfully expressed. Thank you!

User avatar
Nov 25th, '11, 18:25
Posts: 120
Joined: May 8th, '11, 00:35
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: My mind has exploded

by night.owl » Nov 25th, '11, 18:25

Wow!

I think I better scramble over the fence ;)

:wink:

User avatar
Nov 29th, '11, 00:52
Posts: 505
Joined: Oct 6th, '11, 23:01
Location: Hong Kong, next China

Re: My mind has exploded

by needaTEAcher » Nov 29th, '11, 00:52

I have had several of these moments recently, but I just tried an almost 40-year-old tea sheng this weekend, and it seriously blew my mind. It changed what I thought tea could be. I will try to post about it when I can get some pictures up later.

I am not new to pu, though neither am I terribly experienced, but I can gladly welcome you to our side of things. We are all a bit crazy, and we are glad to have you!

User avatar
Nov 29th, '11, 03:31
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 24th, '11, 16:37
Location: The Forest, Yukon.

Re: My mind has exploded

by Firemoss » Nov 29th, '11, 03:31

:shock: Really looking forward to reading about your experience with the near-40 yr old sheng, NAT.

User avatar
Nov 29th, '11, 11:10
Vendor Member
Posts: 2009
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 15:07
Location: NYC
Contact: TIM

Re: My mind has exploded

by TIM » Nov 29th, '11, 11:10

night.owl wrote:Wow!

I think I better scramble over the fence ;)

:wink:
There is no turning back :wink:
http://themandarinstea.blogspot.com/2008/08/vincer.html

User avatar
Dec 8th, '11, 01:20
Posts: 505
Joined: Oct 6th, '11, 23:01
Location: Hong Kong, next China

Re: My mind has exploded

by needaTEAcher » Dec 8th, '11, 01:20

I have a new 1996 shou that is exploding my mind. It is great in everything but hongni (dunno why), and every time I sip it I want to scream "This is so freaking great!!!!" But since I teach small Korean children, I think they wouldn't get it. So I sip and smile in silence. :)

+ Post Reply