Tea in Nanning

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 1st, '12, 11:33

Tea in Nanning

by tst » Jan 1st, '12, 11:33

Still kind of new around tc ... been reading and lurking for a little while now.

I have a friend who travels to China twice a year and he'll be leaving for Nanning in about a week. He offered to bring some tea back, so I was curious if anybody knows of any quality vendors/shops near Nanning that he could visit. I'm mostly looking for puerh and oolongs.

Nanning seems to be smack-dab in between Kunming (for puerh) and Hong Kong and I am not sure if he will be heading towards either.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Jan 2nd, '12, 23:22

Re: Tea in Nanning

by MarshalN » Jan 2nd, '12, 23:22

No idea about Nanning. I would be very, very wary of asking him to buy any tea for you. Chances are he's going to bring back overpriced crap, unless your friend is very knowledgeable with tea and knows exactly what he's doing.

Jan 3rd, '12, 18:33

by tst » Jan 3rd, '12, 18:33

Good point ... something I've been considering.

Thanks for the response Marshal ... figured that if anyone knew of anything around Nanning, you'd be one of them.

Jan 3rd, '12, 19:34

by bryan_drinks_tea » Jan 3rd, '12, 19:34

I hesitate to write this, but oh well.

My impression of Nanning is that the tea seems to be rather dryly stored there and is a little flat. Mind you, I've only had four pu-erh's that were stored there, and my experience may be limited to the vendors who selected the tea. As far as tea vendors in Nanning, I don't have any information about that. Best of Luck!

Bryan

Jan 4th, '12, 16:51

by tst » Jan 4th, '12, 16:51

Thanks Bryan, I appreciate your input.

+ Post Reply