Xiaguan early to mid 2000's

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 27th, '13, 01:51

Re: Xiaguan early to mid 2000's

by Zared » Oct 27th, '13, 01:51

Teed Off, Fake cake and Jim's response.
http://teacloset.blogspot.com/2012/06/p ... -7542.html

Vendors like this should be boycotted. The owner is a conman for trying to pass on his bad purchase onto his customers at a high price. If it was an honest mistake than that still makes him a fool. A smarter vendor would have known trying to sell a generic 7542 cake that seems no older than a few years for $88 and label it from 1998 was a bad idea. It would be one thing if this cake was high quality than modern DaYi but from what i hear it was crap. No reason to buy this when you can get legit DaYi for half that.

Oct 27th, '13, 02:06

by Tead Off » Oct 27th, '13, 02:06

AllanK wrote:
Zared wrote:Glad to get so many helpful replies. I want an inexpensive (under $100) beeng for no frills consumtion so It sounds like the 03yr 8673 might be a good fit. The ultra low price allows for very low expectations. Those taobao cakes cost far more than i'm willing to spend. I'd be interested in ordering from there at some point but only for cheap teas.

Teed Off, I've been interested in a few teas from Puerhshop recently such as the 2004 menghai stored 7542. The 2006 Xiaguan T8653 looks rather brown. I don't plan to buy anything from them because of Jim's shady business practices and comments he's posted online though. I just can't support a business like that and not feel bad after.

shah82, Thanks for the heads up on Red lantern. I've suspected for a while that some of their cakes are not totally dry. I might just have to buy a few samples from them. BTW I'm want teas stored in places humid like Taiwan and HK. I'm open to all degrease of humid storage as long as brewed leaves still unfurl and don't look like shu.
Some cakes I bought from Royal Puer seem wet storaged, more so than the ones I bought a few months ago from Red Lantern. However, only half of the cakes I bought from them (Royal Puer) seemed wet storaged.
Please remove your quote of me. I did not say this. It was another poster. Please be more careful especially when quoting someone who is making negative remarks.

Oct 27th, '13, 02:11

by Tead Off » Oct 27th, '13, 02:11

Zared wrote:Teed Off Fake cake and Jim's response.

Vendors like this should be boycotted. The owner is a conman for trying to pass on his bad purchase onto his customers at a high price. If it was an honest mistake than that still makes him a fool. A smarter vendor would have known trying to sell a generic 7542 cake that seems no older than a few years for $88 and label it from 1998 was a bad idea. It would be one thing if this cake was high quality than modern DaYi but from what i hear it was crap. No reason to buy this when you can get legit DaYi for half that.
I hardly ever buy Dayi cakes, not because of all the counterfeiting, but because there are so many better cakes to be had. The things I bought from this vendor had no problems attached to them. I would probably buy again from him.

Oct 27th, '13, 02:13

by AllanK » Oct 27th, '13, 02:13

Tead Off wrote:
AllanK wrote:
Zared wrote:Glad to get so many helpful replies. I want an inexpensive (under $100) beeng for no frills consumtion so It sounds like the 03yr 8673 might be a good fit. The ultra low price allows for very low expectations. Those taobao cakes cost far more than i'm willing to spend. I'd be interested in ordering from there at some point but only for cheap teas.

Teed Off, I've been interested in a few teas from Puerhshop recently such as the 2004 menghai stored 7542. The 2006 Xiaguan T8653 looks rather brown. I don't plan to buy anything from them because of Jim's shady business practices and comments he's posted online though. I just can't support a business like that and not feel bad after.

shah82, Thanks for the heads up on Red lantern. I've suspected for a while that some of their cakes are not totally dry. I might just have to buy a few samples from them. BTW I'm want teas stored in places humid like Taiwan and HK. I'm open to all degrease of humid storage as long as brewed leaves still unfurl and don't look like shu.
Some cakes I bought from Royal Puer seem wet storaged, more so than the ones I bought a few months ago from Red Lantern. However, only half of the cakes I bought from them (Royal Puer) seemed wet storaged.
Please remove your quote of me. I did not say this. It was another poster. Please be more careful especially when quoting someone who is making negative remarks.
Even if I accidentally put my post in the wrong spot, what did I say that was so offensive? I was just suggesting he look into Royal Puer. Besides, he was responding to you, not quoting you, or that is what it looked like to me. I was responding to his desire for wet storage tea with a suggestion. I simply quoted the whole thing.
Last edited by AllanK on Oct 27th, '13, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 27th, '13, 02:51

by Zared » Oct 27th, '13, 02:51

Tead Off wrote:
Zared wrote:Teed Off Fake cake and Jim's response.

I hardly ever buy Dayi cakes, not because of all the counterfeiting, but because there are so many better cakes to be had. The things I bought from this vendor had no problems attached to them. I would probably buy again from him.
I think for the most part Jim sells legit stuff. Its just the few odd items that have caused problems. I wont judge anyone for still buying from him. Its a personal choice for everyone. BTW hope i didn't cause any trouble for you when i responded to your prior comment with bold name instead of quote button. No intention of making it seem like you wrote that.

Oct 27th, '13, 06:06

by Tead Off » Oct 27th, '13, 06:06

AllanK wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
AllanK wrote:

Even if I accidentally put my post in the wrong spot, what did I say that was so offensive? I was just suggesting he look into Royal Puer. Besides, he was responding to you, not quoting you, or that is what it looked like to me. I was responding to his desire for wet storage tea with a suggestion. I simply quoted the whole thing.
The way you have it, it looks like I am saying that. Can't you see that? I don't want to be involved in any slanderous comments about another vendor unless they did it to me personally. Please remove it and edit it properly.

Oct 27th, '13, 10:49
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 27th, '13, 10:49

This was quite confusing indeed.

... I now see that where the names were made
bold by Zared, this was addressing and not quoting. So neither Tead Off nor Shah82 nor mr mopu actually said these comments though it appears they did at first (and second, etc.) reading. I had to look at this for a while and then my wife pointed this out to me.

Therefore, I am adding commas after each person addressed to hopefully add clarity. When addressing someone/responding to, add a comma after their name to avoid future confusion.

Thanks,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Oct 27th, '13, 11:22

by puerhking » Oct 27th, '13, 11:22

puerhking wrote:I have that last one...the 8673 and it has had some humid storage. Not super heavy like liquid mold or anything, but a decent amount. The 2007 Tibetan Flame brick has had humid storage also.

Decided to try it since it's been a long time. I've had this for about a year so it has mellowed a bit. Lots of wood with a touch of earthiness and some storage funk....finishes with a bit of sweetness. No smoke or off putting flavors. For me this is just right...but I don't like heavy storage flavors so I can only speak for what I like.
I realized that I was not clear on this post. I have the 8673 from that vendor and the the Tibetan Flame brick. So unless these are from a different lot...it should be pretty much the same as what he is currently selling.

Also he is located in Hong Kong.

Oct 27th, '13, 13:57

by AllanK » Oct 27th, '13, 13:57

Tead Off wrote:
AllanK wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
AllanK wrote:

The way you have it, it looks like I am saying that. Can't you see that? I don't want to be involved in any slanderous comments about another vendor unless they did it to me personally. Please remove it and edit it properly.
Ask me in a private message instead of trying to intimidate me on a public forum and I will edit it, if you are polite. However, it seems to me your beef is with the guy who posted the original message. You don't seem to be complaining about him. I suggest you ask him to remove his post if you have a problem with it. I posted nothing about you.

Oct 27th, '13, 15:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 27th, '13, 15:48

... eh hem ...
Chip wrote:This was quite confusing indeed.

... I now see that where the names were made
bold by Zared, this was addressing and not quoting. So neither Tead Off nor Shah82 nor mr mopu actually said these comments though it appears they did at first (and second, etc.) reading. I had to look at this for a while and then my wife pointed this out to me.

Therefore, I am adding commas after each person addressed to hopefully add clarity. When addressing someone/responding to, add a comma after their name to avoid future confusion.

Thanks,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
And yes, Zarad's posts did start the confusion. Hopefully I have clarified the posts accordingly ... so hopefully we can move on to everyone's satisfaction. :mrgreen:

Dec 5th, '13, 16:34

by bagua7 » Dec 5th, '13, 16:34

Hey guys,

I got a couple of touchas (Golden Ribbon '07) which I find great, very mellow and some acidity (kind of lemon juice). I cam across this other toucha which sparked my interest: "Cang Er" '07. It is 250g vs the 100g of the Golden Ribbon.

What is it like? Is it as enjoyable as the other?

Cheers!

+ Post Reply