I had two cakes that looked to have somehow molded on the outside edge. I had them standing on end. The result was about 50 gram loss to mold. I must have spilled water inadvertently and they sipped it up. I took the moldy areas off the cakes and put on the counter to dry. I have two questions: 1) the paper wrappers are dry, is it safe to continue to store the good portion of the cakes in the original wrapper, or should I swap that out?
2) is there any way to save the moldy leaves? Thanks.
One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.