puerhshop.com

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 29th, '14, 09:30

puerhshop.com

by Fuut » Sep 29th, '14, 09:30

Hi all,

I was thinking about buying some puerh samples to try. I haven't tried puerh before and i came across this online shop.

Does anyone have any experiences with this seller? If so were they positive or negative?

Prices seem ok by me (but like i said zero experience buying puerh bricks or cakes. Just that the shipping costs around 40usd seems rather high for me.

Thank you guys/gals in advance.

Sep 29th, '14, 10:10

Re: puerhshop.com

by Puerlife » Sep 29th, '14, 10:10

If you put puerhshop.com in the search box you'll get 773 hits.

Sep 29th, '14, 10:12

by Fuut » Sep 29th, '14, 10:12

Apologies, didn't bother trying to search - perhaps i should've. However i would have most use out of up to date replies. Not so much any topic ever made.

Sep 29th, '14, 10:31

by Puerlife » Sep 29th, '14, 10:31

You still haven't used the search box, have you? Results are listed in chronological order, newest first. Several are from this month.

Sep 29th, '14, 10:44

by Fuut » Sep 29th, '14, 10:44

Puerlife wrote:You still haven't used the search box, have you? Results are listed in chronological order, newest first. Several are from this month.
Actually i had, but just to see your sour reaction i didn't say anything. Thanks for the oh-so-useful posts.

Edit: sarcasm duh.

Sep 29th, '14, 12:37

by Poseidon » Sep 29th, '14, 12:37

Fuut wrote:
Puerlife wrote:You still haven't used the search box, have you? Results are listed in chronological order, newest first. Several are from this month.
Actually i had, but just to see your sour reaction i didn't say anything. Thanks for the oh-so-useful posts.

Puerhshop.com is a decent shop to get samples. Ive ordered from them twice with nice results. I would say go for it. :lol:

Sep 29th, '14, 13:46

by Fuut » Sep 29th, '14, 13:46

Poseidon wrote:
Fuut wrote:

Puerhshop.com is a decent shop to get samples. Ive ordered from them twice with nice results. I would say go for it. :lol:
Thank you for your advice and lack of sarcasm or useless hints:)

Sep 29th, '14, 14:15

by Tead Off » Sep 29th, '14, 14:15

Fuut wrote:

I didn't see any sarcasm in the reply. Clear and straight forward.

If you decide to order something, I would suggest getting samples before you invest in any cakes. I've purchased from them once, had no problems, and the owner very responsive. But, several of the teas were quite smoky, something that is not desirable to this Puerh drinker.

Sep 29th, '14, 14:36

by Poseidon » Sep 29th, '14, 14:36

I just saw that shipping would be 40 bucks!? You may want to order from a shop with better shipping unless they have something you absolutely want. I dont see anything on their site warranting that amount of shipping justification IMO.

Sep 29th, '14, 15:09

by Fuut » Sep 29th, '14, 15:09

Poseidon wrote:I just saw that shipping would be 40 bucks!? You may want to order from a shop with better shipping unless they have something you absolutely want. I dont see anything on their site warranting that amount of shipping justification IMO.
Yeah that was my thought too, total amount was not even 500grams for what was in my basket. It seems a little overkill. I'll try to find something closer by;) Thank you all for the replies.
Tead Off wrote:
Fuut wrote:

I didn't see any sarcasm in the reply. Clear and straight forward.

If you decide to order something, I would suggest getting samples before you invest in any cakes. I've purchased from them once, had no problems, and the owner very responsive. But, several of the teas were quite smoky, something that is not desirable to this Puerh drinker.
The sarcasm was implied in my own post. Just for the sake of it I figured I'd make it abundantly clear. Also i planned on buying a bunch of samples just to get the idea of puerh tea's.

Sep 29th, '14, 23:02

by tst » Sep 29th, '14, 23:02

If that's the case, there are probably a dozen or so other vendors I would purchase samples from before buying from puerhshop. Since I don't see a location listed in your profile, it makes it more difficult to recommend specific vendors for you to check out.

I'll just say browse the forums here (and yes, use the search function as well ... ie. "puerh" and "samples") and find one that is highly recommended and works well S&H-wise. Good luck.

Sep 29th, '14, 23:18

by Puerlife » Sep 29th, '14, 23:18

As Teadoff wrote, my replies are clear and straightforward. Nearly three decades in Japan and Thailand have cured me of being sarcastic so please, stop imagining things. I'm only recommending what I did when I found teachat. I scoured the forum for months before I made a single post out of respect for the established members who no doubt get tired of giving the same searchable answers time and time again. If you insist on being spoonfed, if you're uncomfortable with finding the simplest of answers, then you might just lack the maturity or temperament necessary to go far with puer.

Sep 30th, '14, 06:31

by Fuut » Sep 30th, '14, 06:31

Puerlife wrote:As Teadoff wrote, my replies are clear and straightforward. Nearly three decades in Japan and Thailand have cured me of being sarcastic so please, stop imagining things. I'm only recommending what I did when I found teachat. I scoured the forum for months before I made a single post out of respect for the established members who no doubt get tired of giving the same searchable answers time and time again. If you insist on being spoonfed, if you're uncomfortable with finding the simplest of answers, then you might just lack the maturity or temperament necessary to go far with puer.
Whatever, you're clearly too full of wisdom.

Too bad you lack the vision to tell people things without pissing on them. Keep posting such replies and you're going to get sarcasm in return. Just like above. Also i never said your or his reply were sarcastic. Reading-skills.

Sep 30th, '14, 09:15

by Puerlife » Sep 30th, '14, 09:15

You get a perfect score, fuut. A,B,C and D. The lacking guts thing is what really stands out. And with this, I withdraw from you and this thread. Nobody wants to read us doing this; there are plenty of other places on the web for this nonsense and I am not going to feed it any more. You, however, won't let it go. You will have the last word but I guarantee it won't be an intelligent one. ]

Hostile sarcasm is wrong, weak and pathetic for so many reasons:

Like talking about someone behind their back, hostile sarcasm is done with the intention of making it more difficult to counter one's claims. If you really believe someone is doing something wrong, and you wanted to fix it, then you would just make an argument to the person. You cannot be sure you are right if you cannot convince the person, because it is possible you just do not understand his argument or behavior.

If you say something about someone behind their back or using hostile sarcasm you are

A) Probably lying and don't want anyone to find out
or
B) Using a fake version of their argument to justify your reaction and don't want to give the person a chance to correct it in case you are wrong (look up strawman fallacy)
or
C) Lack the guts to just confront the person about it directly and honestly
and/or
D) Attempting to give an illusion of confrontation (perhaps hoping to overcome the "no guts to say it to the person's face" label) while in reality you are still demonstrating fear of his ideas by merely implying what you might think rather than clearly stating what you think.

There is no opportunity to discuss and consider each other's point of view. The person you make the comment to doesn't share your point of view and therefore may not even have a clue what you are trying to imply since it makes no sense from his own point of view. Sometimes the person may understand what you are trying to imply based on your "point of view", but in that case sarcastic comments usually have no rational value so it is not as if he can consider that you may be right just based on that.

Hostile sarcastic comments only have the purpose of soliciting support from people who share similar insecurities with respect to the situation (again a sign of weakness) and usually rely on specious arguments.

Like gossip, the more these tactics are shown for what they are, the less anyone will take them seriously. If someone tries to use sarcasm against you, consider the following. The very thing that makes those type of people like sarcasm provides a defense against it.

You are not required to speculate regarding what the person is REALLY trying to say. Just take their claim at face value and act as if they are really stupid enough to think what they said was a valuable contribution to the discussion. If you think that wouldn't work then just say something along the lines of "If you think you have something to say then you need to grow the guts to say it directly".
http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuari ... p?t=125385

Sep 30th, '14, 09:18

by Fuut » Sep 30th, '14, 09:18

Nice life story. Really you're the one that came back like I'm sure you haven't done it have you.

Keep your life story for yourself thx. Keeping this somewhat on topic.

FYI, i can read but really I've had enough of you, so rest assured its mutual.

+ Post Reply