The perfect storage unit for controlling heat & humidity

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 12th, '16, 11:47
Vendor Member

Re: The perfect storage unit for controlling heat & humidity

by jayinhk » May 12th, '16, 11:47

Frisbeehead wrote:
Drax wrote:Interesting!

Too bad it's also just a mini-fridge with a humidity control unit....
Not even that, it's an attachment for a mini fridge. You have to install it on your own fridge.
I would think a cigar fridge with a digital hygrometer for a humidor and a glass of water with colloidal silver (prevents microorganism growth in the water) would be all you'd need. You can add more or less water/glasses of water depending on the humidity level you wanted to achieve.

May 12th, '16, 14:42

by .m. » May 12th, '16, 14:42

jayinhk wrote: I would think a cigar fridge with a digital hygrometer for a humidor and a glass of water with colloidal silver (prevents microorganism growth in the water) would be all you'd need. You can add more or less water/glasses of water depending on the humidity level you wanted to achieve.
that sounds like a reasonable setup. definitely much cheaper than these units. i like the idea of colloidal silver. i might try that in the future.

May 12th, '16, 16:20

by mr mopu » May 12th, '16, 16:20

.m. wrote:
jayinhk wrote: I would think a cigar fridge with a digital hygrometer for a humidor and a glass of water with colloidal silver (prevents microorganism growth in the water) would be all you'd need. You can add more or less water/glasses of water depending on the humidity level you wanted to achieve.
that sounds like a reasonable setup. definitely much cheaper than these units. i like the idea of colloidal silver. i might try that in the future.
I use steam distilled water in my setups.

May 12th, '16, 22:52
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 12th, '16, 22:52

mr mopu wrote:
.m. wrote:
I use steam distilled water in my setups.
Why did I say cigar fridge? Lol. I meant mini fridge. Distilled is good, but can still allow for the growth of microorganisms.

May 13th, '16, 08:57
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » May 13th, '16, 08:57

Frisbeehead wrote:
Drax wrote:Interesting!

Too bad it's also just a mini-fridge with a humidity control unit....
Not even that, it's an attachment for a mini fridge. You have to install it on your own fridge.
Ha! Well, I suppose that gives a person some flexibility in customization...? :mrgreen: I could convert one of those sweet TARDIS fridges...

May 16th, '16, 22:22

by bellmont » May 16th, '16, 22:22

Also: reading over 'The Cave' Kickstarter comments you also need to provide your own humidifier attachment...so not as awesome as I previously thought.

+ Post Reply