Shou lover transitioning back to Sheng

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 20th, '16, 13:11

Shou lover transitioning back to Sheng

by mosshorn » Sep 20th, '16, 13:11

Hey all! Wow, it's been a hot minute since I've been here :mrgreen:

Anywho, as of late I've been on a huge shou kick, loving the depth and mouthfeel a good one produces. I happened to buy a cake of young sheng with my last order though (YS 2014 Spring "Dehong Ye Sheng") and really enjoyed it! I think what drove me from sheng in the past was I didn't have much of a budget to buy anything other than the freshest, most overly energetic sheng available.

So I ask, what sheng should I try next? Bonus points if it comes from YS, since I have to restock on shou as well :wink:

Sep 20th, '16, 21:25

Re: Shou lover transitioning back to Sheng

by mr mopu » Sep 20th, '16, 21:25

mosshorn wrote:Hey all! Wow, it's been a hot minute since I've been here :mrgreen:

Anywho, as of late I've been on a huge shou kick, loving the depth and mouthfeel a good one produces. I happened to buy a cake of young sheng with my last order though (YS 2014 Spring "Dehong Ye Sheng") and really enjoyed it! I think what drove me from sheng in the past was I didn't have much of a budget to buy anything other than the freshest, most overly energetic sheng available.

So I ask, what sheng should I try next? Bonus points if it comes from YS, since I have to restock on shou as well :wink:
Da Qing Gu Shu.

Sep 21st, '16, 00:09

by Alucard » Sep 21st, '16, 00:09

mr mopu wrote: Da Qing Gu Shu.
Is there much difference between the '14 autumn, '15 spring, and '16 spring cakes? I liked the '16 spring sample.

Sep 21st, '16, 07:09

by mr mopu » Sep 21st, '16, 07:09

Alucard wrote:
mr mopu wrote: Da Qing Gu Shu.
Is there much difference between the '14 autumn, '15 spring, and '16 spring cakes? I liked the '16 spring sample.
I haven't tried the Autumn version. Only the 2 Spring ones and they are nice.
Cavalier fan as well I see. Hope they can beat the Hokies that are just up the road from me this year.
:mrgreen:

Sep 21st, '16, 09:48

by kuánglóng » Sep 21st, '16, 09:48

mosshorn wrote:
One man's nectar can be another man's dreck and vice versa. I'd try as many samples as possible and move on from there.

+ Post Reply