Can anyone help identify this delightful Pu'er?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 10th, '17, 07:26

Can anyone help identify this delightful Pu'er?

by teaforall » Apr 10th, '17, 07:26

Hi everyone.
Thought i'd try this - its a bit of a long shot, but someone gave me a delightful mini cake of cooked Pu'er recently and i'm desperate to find out where its from, but all i have is a very generic photo.

So here goes...

It has a beautiful dark colour and is much more a digestive than many other pu'er i have tried. It also seemed to have almost no caffeine and was perfect for after meals at night.
Anyway, thanks for looking!
Attachments
IMG_7047.jpg
IMG_7047.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 697 times
Last edited by teaforall on Apr 11th, '17, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 10th, '17, 17:50

Re: Can anyone help identify this delightful Pu'er?

by steanze » Apr 10th, '17, 17:50

eh. that's a very long shot. That's just the Chinese character for tea (茶), more generic than this is difficult. Btw the pic is upside down

Are the other puerhs you tried sheng or shu? Did they brew yellow/green or orange/red?

Apr 11th, '17, 07:33

by teaforall » Apr 11th, '17, 07:33

Wow ha I really nailed that didn't I. Upside down and all.
Thanks for the reply Steanze.

I've tried both Sheng and Shu, but I find the cooked that I've tried, has a much stronger fermented body to it and aids digestion much more. That's really what I'm after. It's a bonus as I absolutely love the flavor and texture, and it does wonders for my stomach. I really can't drink enough.
So in general the ones that brew orange/red seem to hit the spot, the darker the better. And also seem to have the least caffeine which is also desirable, so I can have in the evenings too.
Basically the one in the photo had the strongest digestive effect and at the same time the least caffeine, but I haven't been able to find one that's as good, hence the post...

Apr 11th, '17, 07:39

by teaforall » Apr 11th, '17, 07:39

The closest I've found so far is called "Ancient Phoenix Fermented Pu Erh" from Wild Tea Qi.

+ Post Reply