Pu-erh for Candida, Parasite, Leaky Gut?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 28th, '18, 18:58

Pu-erh for Candida, Parasite, Leaky Gut?

by Dasa » Apr 28th, '18, 18:58

One expert Pu-erh consumer was telling me about the benefits of Pu-erh Tea having benefits for fighting with candida/parasite/inflamed gut. From other Tea expert Tea drinkers, what would you say? Any advice helps, thank you!

Apr 29th, '18, 10:50

Re: Pu-erh for Candida, Parasite, Leaky Gut?

by Simon_Qc » Apr 29th, '18, 10:50

Dasa wrote: One expert Pu-erh consumer was telling me about the benefits of Pu-erh Tea having benefits for fighting with candida/parasite/inflamed gut. From other Tea expert Tea drinkers, what would you say? Any advice helps, thank you!
Well, pu erh is known for it's beneficial effect on the digestive system since the dawn of time. I'm sure it can help prevent some parasite/fungal infection but not sure it can fight it if it's already there.
Just my point of view, would like to hear from others :wink:
Have a nice day!

Apr 30th, '18, 14:09

by Dasa » Apr 30th, '18, 14:09

Simon_Qc wrote:
Dasa wrote: One expert Pu-erh consumer was telling me about the benefits of Pu-erh Tea having benefits for fighting with candida/parasite/inflamed gut. From other Tea expert Tea drinkers, what would you say? Any advice helps, thank you!
Well, pu erh is known for it's beneficial effect on the digestive system since the dawn of time. I'm sure it can help prevent some parasite/fungal infection but not sure it can fight it if it's already there.
Just my point of view, would like to hear from others :wink:
Have a nice day!
Prevent it and fighting it are one and the same. Considering, every one of us has some form of candida and parasites, without us consciously knowing so. For me Pu-erh wakes them up and disrupts the flow of the system, which is a clear sign that they "Hate" it :D

May 2nd, '18, 14:31

by miig » May 2nd, '18, 14:31

My advise: Take such notions with a ton of salt. There's so much hearsay in the tea world about tea's magical health properties, and very litte empirical evidence. Actually, there is quite a bit of research by now, but most of it is very particular.

Sure, all in all, tea is a healthy beverage, but there is much more myth out there than anything else - so if anyone tells you "tea has spectacular effects in this and that regard" - more often than not, their statements are, let's say, not supported by research.

May 3rd, '18, 07:53

by imkvn » May 3rd, '18, 07:53

I would have to agree with miig. All teas will be beneficial to you. I'd say there is good evidence that matcha has the highest anti oxidants. Then green, orange, red, brown, and lastly black.

Herbs, flowers, ribbios, and mixed teas will have different profiles.

May 5th, '18, 15:08

by Dasa » May 5th, '18, 15:08

The proof is in the pudding right? Guess I'll just have to try and see, but testimonials are always helpful!

May 7th, '18, 04:44

by 12Tea » May 7th, '18, 04:44

Do you have any links to sources where these health benefits are discussed? When I check on scholar.google.com I can't really find any articles at all that confirm such benefits.

May 12th, '18, 02:57

by bagua7 » May 12th, '18, 02:57

For that you have wonderful Chinese herbs which work like 100x better than tea.

They are caused by accumulation of damp and heat.

https://theory.yinyanghouse.com/theory/ ... -damp-heat

Best is to visit a registered TCM herbal medicine practitioner in your local area.

Good luck!

+ Post Reply