Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jan 12th, '11, 04:21

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

by argus » Jan 12th, '11, 04:21

holy bejeezus... thats a lot of tea!!!

are those individual bings and tous shrinkwrapped? what's the benefit of that?

Jan 12th, '11, 15:58

by MarshalN » Jan 12th, '11, 15:58

Hmmm, mostly big factory stuff.

Jan 13th, '11, 12:46

by heatwaves » Jan 13th, '11, 12:46

Having all of that tea is a fire hazard! Send me at least half of it at once! :mrgreen:

Jan 13th, '11, 13:05
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 13th, '11, 13:05

Oh auhckw, I love your blue flower jars! I believe they are originally made to make pickled cabbages/cucumbers/string beans. I've been dreaming of these kind of jars for years! :shock: Still reluctant to transport a few of them all the way from China, and still hoping I could find a few here in the states :shock:

Jan 13th, '11, 18:47

by auhckw » Jan 13th, '11, 18:47

gingkoseto wrote:Oh auhckw, I love your blue flower jars! I believe they are originally made to make pickled cabbages/cucumbers/string beans. I've been dreaming of these kind of jars for years! :shock: Still reluctant to transport a few of them all the way from China, and still hoping I could find a few here in the states :shock:
Those were not mine...

>>>Posted these on behalf of another forumer 'Dass'

Jan 13th, '11, 19:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by fracol » Jan 13th, '11, 19:13

Hey auhckw are you aging all that puerh so you can sell it for a huge profit in a few years? Or do you just like being able to look at it and say. Ya take that all you other TeaChatters I have more pu-erh then all of you combined. Like bragging rights? :D

Jan 13th, '11, 21:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jan 13th, '11, 21:02

auhckw wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:Oh auhckw, I love your blue flower jars! I believe they are originally made to make pickled cabbages/cucumbers/string beans. I've been dreaming of these kind of jars for years! :shock: Still reluctant to transport a few of them all the way from China, and still hoping I could find a few here in the states :shock:
Those were not mine...

>>>Posted these on behalf of another forumer 'Dass'
They are still very gorgeous, I agree with ginkgko -- I'd like to have a couple of those and fill 'em with tuos.... :D

Jan 13th, '11, 21:47

by iannon » Jan 13th, '11, 21:47

"Gua Feng Zhai" Raw Pu-erh tea of Yi Wu

Jan 14th, '11, 00:32

by Dass » Jan 14th, '11, 00:32

Hi Gingkose,
Those are actually mine.This pictures are actually posted by mg good friend Auhckw on my behalf.
I got those Jars in Malaysia at a tea shop.Actually right in front of his shop there is a China guy who brings in all this from China.Ok now the price I paid for it,you will not believe it .I paid USD 12.50 for 2.

You can get this type of Jars here in Malaysia very easily as there are many China people who bring this type of products and sell the at open stalls out side shopping centers.If you do visit malaysia,I can take you around to get this.But shipment back might be a problem.

Jan 14th, '11, 10:56
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 14th, '11, 10:56

Dass wrote: Hi Gingkose,
Those are actually mine.This pictures are actually posted by mg good friend Auhckw on my behalf.
I got those Jars in Malaysia at a tea shop.Actually right in front of his shop there is a China guy who brings in all this from China.Ok now the price I paid for it,you will not believe it .I paid USD 12.50 for 2.

You can get this type of Jars here in Malaysia very easily as there are many China people who bring this type of products and sell the at open stalls out side shopping centers.If you do visit malaysia,I can take you around to get this.But shipment back might be a problem.
The price is so great! :o Yeah the shipment would be painful! A friend of mine actually carried a jar similar to this (but strictly for pickled cabbage and doesn't have the nice floral patterns) on flight with her and held it on her laps throughout the 13 hours flight, and still got the lid broken :|

Jan 14th, '11, 16:20

by betta » Jan 14th, '11, 16:20

Dass, those are lots of tea you have there. When did you start to store puerh tea?

Jan 15th, '11, 05:49

by auhckw » Jan 15th, '11, 05:49

I don't have any Liu-Pao before, so decided to buy some today...

2003 - Duoteli Liu-Pao 250g x 9

The shop has the same product/brand of 2007, 2003, 2000s, 90s and 70s. The 70s cost 8 times more than the 2003 version...

I tried the 2003 and the 70s both... indeed 70s taste older, but I am not in the hurry to drink this and don't feel it is worth 8x more... hence bought the 2003 version for keeping.

Jan 15th, '11, 11:29

by Dass » Jan 15th, '11, 11:29

betta wrote:

Dass, those are lots of tea you have there. When did you start to store puerh tea?
Betta,I started collecting since 2000.

Jan 16th, '11, 11:07
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jan 16th, '11, 11:07

Dass wrote: Betta,I started collecting since 2000.
You are one of the richest of us! For tea, time is always more important than money! :D

Jan 16th, '11, 22:18

by odarwin » Jan 16th, '11, 22:18

just sharing my pu erh cabinet...
after a house renovation, they now have a cabinet of their own... so far its a nice 60-65% constant stable humidity level all day... so my dehumidifier is not needed for now... im actually thinking of putting a tub of water in to raise the humidity a bit

top row and second row boxes are all raw tea cakes...
the boxes below are mostly raw except for 3 boxes with ripe tea cakes...
will try to post pics of whats inside soon

+ Post Reply