Dragon Tea House

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

User avatar
Sep 7th 08 12:36 am
Posts: 747
Joined: Dec 30th 07 5:10 am
Location: Earth

Dragon Tea House

by PolyhymnianMuse » Sep 7th 08 12:36 am

I'm curious what kinds of cakes everyone has gotten from DTH on ebay and how they were. Its kind of a bummer that he only has the 3 samples there but ill probably give those a try unless they just arent worth trying...

Here are some that peaked my interest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ancient-Mt-Old-Tree ... m153.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mengyang-Guoyan-Gol ... m153.l1262

If you've had something else beside pu from them let me know about that too.

User avatar
Sep 7th 08 3:58 am
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th 08 3:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

by shogun89 » Sep 7th 08 3:58 am

I just got this little guy from there,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bai-Cha-Tang-7th-Ge ... dZViewItem
I am trying as hard as I can not to drink it as I want it for storage, and I want to try to keep it in its full cake form. Its pretty good. Check out Bill's review on Theancientteahorseroad blog, much better review than I could provide. That first cake you showed is also very interesting to me as well but I emailed Scott about it and he said that this one was better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Queen-of-Yiwu-Mengy ... dZViewItem

User avatar
Sep 7th 08 4:02 am
Posts: 688
Joined: Jul 7th 08 11:06 pm
Location: ostensible universe

by puerhking » Sep 7th 08 4:02 am

I will tell you that the Guoyan shu is my current favorite shu pu.

The sheng is sold by YSLLC also. Scott states that it is a mix of fall and spring leaves. But they sure look nice.

....I have also tried this which I thought was outstanding...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Premium-Wen-Shan-Ba ... 18Q2el1247

User avatar
Sep 7th 08 4:22 am
Posts: 747
Joined: Dec 30th 07 5:10 am
Location: Earth

by PolyhymnianMuse » Sep 7th 08 4:22 am

shogun89 wrote:I just got this little guy from there,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bai-Cha-Tang-7th-Ge ... dZViewItem
I am trying as hard as I can not to drink it as I want it for storage, and I want to try to keep it in its full cake form. Its pretty good. Check out Bill's review on Theancientteahorseroad blog, much better review than I could provide. That first cake you showed is also very interesting to me as well but I emailed Scott about it and he said that this one was better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Queen-of-Yiwu-Mengy ... dZViewItem
That Queen of Yiwu cake does look very nice. The Bai Cha Tang looks remarkable too but thats a little out of my price range for a single cake, at least at this moment in time.

Sep 15th 08 3:14 am
Posts: 59
Joined: Aug 20th 08 4:04 am

by teakid » Sep 15th 08 3:14 am

Could this be the younger sister of the Xizhi Hao "Yi Wu Cha Hwang"? The '06 & '07 were both gorgeous and delicious. Mengyang use to press cakes for Xizhi Hao. If the '08 cake is from the same parents (trees), then $20/cake is a good deal...or should I say Xizhi Hao is a terrible deal.

User avatar
Sep 15th 08 2:24 pm
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd 06 3:28 pm
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

by hop_goblin » Sep 15th 08 2:24 pm

slurp wrote:anyone tried this queen yiwu yet? It looks nice leaves.
Not yet, but I have a few beengs on there way. I love Guoyan stuff.

Jun 16th 14 11:06 pm
Posts: 338
Joined: Jul 13th 13 11:11 pm

Re: Dragon Tea House

by AllanK » Jun 16th 14 11:06 pm

I am curious what people's current opinion of Dragon Tea House? Will you buy from them after the controversy over the Dayi fake? I have yet to buy something known to be fake so I am still a customer.

Jun 16th 14 11:09 pm
Posts: 402
Joined: Dec 9th 12 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dragon Tea House

by Exempt » Jun 16th 14 11:09 pm

AllanK wrote:I am curious what people's current opinion of Dragon Tea House? Will you buy from them after the controversy over the Dayi fake? I have yet to buy something known to be fake so I am still a customer.
I've emailed them twice and still haven't gotten a response about the fake dayi I got, so I probably won't purchase from them again

Jun 16th 14 11:17 pm
Posts: 523
Joined: Feb 17th 13 5:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Dragon Tea House

by mr mopu » Jun 16th 14 11:17 pm

I guess I will stick with Berryleb from now on. Albeit I haven't had a bad experience with Dragon, but until this blows over..

Jun 17th 14 1:08 am
Posts: 39
Joined: Mar 29th 14 1:49 am

Re: Dragon Tea House

by Rdeitz » Jun 17th 14 1:08 am

mr mopu wrote:I guess I will stick with Berryleb from now on. Albeit I haven't had a bad experience with Dragon, but until this blows over..
What about that 1999 7542 cake we bought? It seemed like a steal at $33 but it tastes like crap.

Jun 17th 14 1:14 am
Posts: 523
Joined: Feb 17th 13 5:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Dragon Tea House

by mr mopu » Jun 17th 14 1:14 am

Rdeitz wrote:
mr mopu wrote:I guess I will stick with Berryleb from now on. Albeit I haven't had a bad experience with Dragon, but until this blows over..
What about that 1999 7542 cake we bought? It seemed like a steal at $33 but it tastes like crap.
Yeah agreed the jury is still out on that one.

Jun 17th 14 1:24 am
Posts: 338
Joined: Jul 13th 13 11:11 pm

Re: Dragon Tea House

by AllanK » Jun 17th 14 1:24 am

I think their 2007 Dayi Thick Ripe Cake was overpriced. It seemed a little better than Tuocha Tea Hou Pu cake but not very much. The same cake as far as I can tell but twice the price.

Jun 17th 14 1:39 am
Posts: 1274
Joined: May 9th 09 7:59 pm

Re: Dragon Tea House

by shah82 » Jun 17th 14 1:39 am

Most Dayi shu from western facing merchants are excessively priced. You'd be better off buying Boyou or something. Buying from Taobao is very risky.

There are still a few places and a few deals...

check out:

http://www.jas-etea.com/menghai-dayi-br ... 500g-cake/

User avatar
Jun 17th 14 5:30 am
Posts: 2061
Joined: Mar 15th 06 10:43 pm

Re: Dragon Tea House

by MarshalN » Jun 17th 14 5:30 am

Rdeitz wrote:
mr mopu wrote:I guess I will stick with Berryleb from now on. Albeit I haven't had a bad experience with Dragon, but until this blows over..
What about that 1999 7542 cake we bought? It seemed like a steal at $33 but it tastes like crap.
Even at the very cheapest place in Hong Kong you can't find a 1999 tea for $33 unless it's basically trash.... so your chances of finding something coming from the mainland for $33 that tastes anything like tea is basically nil.