2007 Jingmai Mountain Spring Review

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Oct 13th, '08, 16:05

2007 Jingmai Mountain Spring Review

by shogun89 » Oct 13th, '08, 16:05

I just had a sample of this cake that was kindly provided by Salsero through the box. The dry leaves look very nice, intact, large and also with a wonderful smell. I used 20 second brews to unleash a very nice tea. Smell is sweet, slightly smokey and overall just good. The taste has no bitterness, Very well balanced, fruity and sweet. This one reminds me of my Jinggu cake. Drinking as I write so cant say anything about steepability at the moment. Overall a very good tea, especially for drinking now, seems very hard to brew wrong. I will be purchasing a cake. For the price this cake really is great!
http://www.puerhshop.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=381
Thanks for the sample Salsero!

-Shogun

Oct 15th, '08, 03:19

by Trioxin » Oct 15th, '08, 03:19

Not sure how I missed this post. Thanks for the great review. How many pots did the leaves hold out for?

Oct 15th, '08, 09:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Oct 15th, '08, 09:14

I was also impressed with this cake. It got me excited about Jingmai Mountain, though I don't know if it is typical. Hop said that Jingmai teas are "nutty," which I can see in this cake if "nutty" means astringent, sweet, and meaty like a walnut or maybe a pecan. The single session I have had with it so far went for 16 infusions and the early ones seemed especially high in caffeine.

Thanks, Shogun, for sharing your impressions.

Oct 15th, '08, 15:08

by shogun89 » Oct 15th, '08, 15:08

For me the leaves held for about 10 infusions before I couldn't drink anymore, But it was still giving in flavor at that point. Salsero, I can see how some may call it nutty, Its hard to explain but it is different from the usual sweeter fruity cakes.

+ Post Reply